2 questions about Warwick

by Gorbatchov 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I have two questions about Warwick. See the picture included.

1) At the other side of the lake you see other buildings. Is it correct that this is an IBM headquarter? I read this somewhere. If so, the WT is in good company, isn't it?

2) Will all buildings and houses in Paradise be grey?

G.

• sparky1
    sparky1

It sort of reminds me of Communist housing of the 50's, 60's and 70's in the Soviet block of nations.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I also have a question about Warwick. If they aren't printing much literature any more, what are they telling the R&F all of this is for? If you don't need printing any more, how do they justify building a compound of this size? Is the TV studio that big? (Not to mention everything else they are building.)

• bohm
    bohm

Spiral: my guess is the buildings were planned before the great downsizing. Chelmsford on the other hand has had buildings disappear from the initial plans

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Spiral, from a fiscal standpoint the move makes sense.

They were able to make a killing from flipping all the property in the Heights.

It's also very expensive to operate in Brooklyn. The number has probably gone up, but when I was at Bethel 15 years ago, it costs twice as much to 'take care' of a Bethelite in Brooklyn than in the Farms or Patterson. Getting out made sense.

That said, I'm still not sure why they bought MORE property. They have a TON of unused land in Wallkill and Patterson.

• btlc
    btlc

That said, I'm still not sure why they bought MORE property. They have a TON of unused land in Wallkill and Patterson.

They may turn on a "new light", that "ancient worthies" prefer a land for cattle, not Californian mansions...

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think it looks like Scientology's Gold Base in California. At least their compound is more colorful...blue, not grey.

I wonder if the grey buildings are to match the revised NWT and new songbook...or the other way around.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Hi Bohm, I can imagine that before the downsizing they could say this was all needed, and it may make sense to build as planned.

Hi Barrold, from the $$$$ standpoint it all makes sense (real estate, the best investment).

But - So many publishers out in the "field" who don't know, I just am wondering what they think is going on? As they sacrifice and live a "simple" life, while the bOrg builds these extensive properties, for what? Of course, it's obvious, they are making profits for just a few to enjoy.

But, alas, I see that the average publisher doesn't even question what is going on. Meanwhile, the bOrg is making money on real estate, and the income all flows uphill to the GB.

Sad, really.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    Gorbatchov

I have two questions about Warwick.

My question is why the hell aren't the rank and file dubs asking,

"With Armageddon 'just around the corner', why are we spending hundreds of thousands of 'sacred service' hours building stuff instead of doing the "vital" preaching work?"

just saying!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Buildings?

What makes you think there will be buildings?

Did Adam and Eve have buildings?

You're going to be resurrected. There won't be rain, you'll never get cold. You may not even need to sleep! All you'll need is to gather berries, pollen and honey. It'll be so exciting! Each night for trillions of years you'll look up at the stars and feel that same wonderful wonder and awe.

You'll love it. We can watch slides!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit