If Angels in the Bible are of neuter gender ? Then why are they always depicted as males by description and name ? And never a female ?

by smiddy3 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In all of the art I`ve seen in Christendom, Angels always have the form of a male, and in the Bible those that are named always have a male name such as Michael ,Gabriel , etc,

Nowhere in the art world that I have seen do Angels have the female form, and in the Bible they don`t have female names.

So if the Angels are neither male or female why then are they depicted as males with male names ?and not female also ?

The Watchtower illustrators also follow this line .When they illustrate an Angel it is always in the form of a male and never a female form.

The anointed who make up the 144000 comprise of male and females right ? Yet when they are in heaven ruling with Christ Jesus, WT illustrators always picture them as males with beards and not one female form amongs`t them ?

Why is that do you think ?

Is Christendom a misogynist religion ? Maybe not , at least in Christendom`s mainstream Churches, women do have an important role to play to varying degrees

Are Jehovah`s Witnesses a misogynist religion ? However in this religion women have no role to play except to be subservient to the male in authority.

And this despite the fact that Jehovah blessed a woman Deborah a prophetess and Judge of Israel, for fourty (40) years of peace. Judges Ch.4 & 5

So Jehovah was quite happy to have a woman in that role as a prophet and Judge for no less than 40 years.

How many JW women are aware of this fact ? and what it should / could imply.?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I asked this question a few years back, and the answer given to me was because all the stuff in the bible were done by men, written and complied.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And who gave you that answer Tameria 2001 ? the Elders ? or higher up the chain.?

Were their any Bible books at all that were written by women ? None of the Psalms , Ruth ,Song Of Solomon ? etc,

Sorry I`ve been away from religion for so long.I don`t expect so, but doesn`t that validate my OP ?

• Daniel tells the Naked Truth
    Daniel tells the Naked Truth

I don't know why many people interpret the Bible and angels as being of neuter gender. Some concepts such as gender neutrality and democracy are manmade and are not found in the excerpts mentioning the kingdom of God. However, the concept of free will exists.

One thing that people should wake up and realize is that the kingdom of God is not a democracy, its a monarchy. There is a hierarchy in everything, not even the angels are equal in rank power and duties. (If you read Revelation 4&5, you will realize not even the angels are equal. There are four beings surrounding the throne, 24 elders, the lamb, and the other angels are not mentioned and they are all in differing proximities to the throne- meaning they have different functions and ranks). Having said that, there are different types of angels and all seem to have different functions. The few we know are just male. There may be millions or billions of female angels but they are just not brought to our purview may be because of several reasons so let us deal with that. It is as it is

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I'll play.

Even if not genderless just celibate I always wondered why when such angels took human form they supposedly all took male bodies and had relations with women. Did none take a female form to have their wicked way with a man. If not why not?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good point Amelia Ashton I purposely left that out so as not to bog the OP down but now that you have brought it up good .

Did Angels think they would enjoy sex more if they had a penis instead of a vagina ?

Why would Angels even contemplate sex ? Did God give them sexual desires without the means to have sex anyway in their natural state ?

• Daniel tells the Naked Truth
    Daniel tells the Naked Truth
    In my opinion, there are just no female angels. Am not trying to be a misogynist or anything, but let us look at it in a logical way. When God said let us make a man like us and created Adam, it seems He did not have any plans of creating a woman. Eve was created because Adam was seen as being lonely. This implies that God's initial plan was to make the man like the beings in heaven or whoever he was speaking to when saying those words and that clearly as it came out, a woman was not in the equation.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to the board Daniel you say the kingdom of God is not a democracy, its a monarchy.

I beg to differ here because its really a Theocracy . Not a monarchy. Theirs a big difference.

however lets not quibble over words.

I don't know why many people interpret the Bible and angels as being of neuter gender.

Maybe its because the Bible only gives us this interpretation and nothing else .

Its had four thousand years to set that matter straight and it has never done so.

However, the concept of free will exists.

Are you serious about this ? free will exists ? If you don`t do what I tell you to do you will die .?

There may be millions or billions of female angels but they are just not brought to our purview may be because of several reasons so let us deal with that. It is as it is

That is just pure speculation on your part with no basis for belief in scripture ,you just want to believe that.

There is a hierarchy in everything, not even the angels are equal in rank power and duties.

I will grant you that ,i think the bible is pretty clear on that .But that does not address the question of the OP

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am a Christian, though not a member of Jehovah Witness congregation. I agree with most of JW's standpoints in regard to the scriptures. However, I just do not subscribe to certain beliefs and articles posted on the magazines as the mainstream JW faith.

Thank you for that Daniel , are you aware that this site is foremost an ex-JW site made up of many many people who have been in the JW religion for decades and have now left it because they believe in all sincerity they have been lied to and deceived in their lifetime by the Governing Body that controls all aspects of this religion to its members to the detriment of its members.?

Please look at jwfacts.com before you are sucked in by a cult.

Take care

• waton
    waton

Image result for angels as kids with trumpets

lots of images, perhaps too recent, of angelic females, as it should be, heavenly bodies, beyond reach.

Angels are thought of as non-sexually produced, not reproduced period. . The female of course embodies re-production,

If angels were female, and come down, on arrival, on Earth as men, that adds a whole new dimension to the flood story. a tall story, now with another floor. never thought of before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit