I hate it when they say; “Don’t worry, Jehovah will take care of it”

by I believe in overlapping 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I happen to run into a couple of elders and one of their bible studies was with them. After we said our formal greetings to each other we caught up on each other’s history. Somehow the conversation took a turn into politics. The bible study was concerned about the upcoming election and is worried the Democrats would take power and change the Country completely with their crazy policies. I expressed concern also to the bible student.

Then one of the elders stepped in the conversation and said;

“Well, as Jehovah’s people we don’t have to worry about that, because Jehovah is going to take care of it very soon with his Kingdom Government”

I said;

“Yea but in the meantime we have to live and deal with what’s in front of us, that Kingdom might still be long way off”

Elder tells me;

“See, that’s what happens when you stop coming to the meetings, you lose faith in God’s arrangement and lose all hope and just like the bible says, people start becoming fearful of the things coming up the inhabited earth.”

“I guarantee you that if you start coming back to the meetings, you won’t fear anymore of who takes power and who doesn’t."

“But the first thing you need to do is meet with the elders and just talk to see what you’ve been up to and make sure you are in good standing.”

That just pisses me off. I just said good bye to the bible study and walked away. I don’t even like to talk to JWs because it's just so frustrating and ruins the day.🤐

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Their masonic god has been taken care of things since he came into existence in the late 1800s.

You should have told him to shovel his s**t somewhere else as you had enough to last you a lifetime.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “Don’t worry, Jehovah will take care of it...”

Funny, that.

Any loyal JW comes and tries to sell you that line, just remind him that...

a)...in the Bible, when His "chosen nation" of Israel got out of line and wouldn't straighten up, Jehovah would let their "worldy" enemies give 'em a right good bitch-slap, and...

b)...with the increasing abuse-related legal trouble the WTS has been experiencing lately (that shows zero indication of letting up, BTW), who's to say that isn't what's happening now?

That oughta shut him up.

• Half banana
    Half banana

And one day soon the magic sky god is going to come down and ever so lightly kill all those who disagree with the Watchtower corporation and make everything in the garden lovely! Now just put the dummy back in your mouth and shut your eyes.......

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It's funny that when you are sitting on the other side of the table during a JC, the Elders don't say, "don't worry, Jehovah will take care of it." They sit you down, make you spill the most intimate of details, shame you and then humiliate you in front of the entire congregation.

We have an entire family that has "waited on Jehovah" to provide it ALL. They are in their 70's, broke, no retirement, one has no children or husband, no education and is poor heath. They are living a VERY financially stressful life because they have "waited on Jehovah." This cycle will continue, as long as JW's have this mind set. Sad! This statement is the biggest cop out!!!

It has always reminded me of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind. When she was faced with worries, she said, "I'll think about that tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day."

Eventually, JW's will have to face life. Our family is facing it!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I BELIEVE IN OVERLAPPING:

That statement was also a pet peeve of mine and why I hardly ever had discussions with Witnesses..Any intelligent, responsible person would naturally be concerned about the political climate and the world around them.

It was my observation that the more irresponsible the Witness, the more they spouted the “wait on Jehovah” talk.

TOES UP:

I’m sorry about the stressful lives your unprepared JW relatives are living because they bought into the religion’s bullshit.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I just read your post to my husband.

You should have looked at the Bible student and said, "you see what he (elder) just did there? This is what you will get, once you commit to this cult. See how encouraging our shepherd was to one of the lost sheep? Love never fails, until you leave the cult. My suggestion to you, run like hell."

These arrogant, self righteous "spiritual men" need to be put in their place. I know, we put several "in their place" before we left. Oh....it felt soooo good!!!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    See, that’s what happens when you stop coming to the meetings, you lose faith in God’s arrangement and lose all hope and just like the bible says, people start becoming fearful of the things coming up the inhabited earth.”

And he is not fearful of things on earth? Does he lock his door at night?

You should ask him if he has a retirement or pension account. If he does, then he is a hypocrite.

In fact this is something we see a lot with JWs. They don't live in a way that indicates they actually believe the world will not last more than a few years. They still go around having kids, buying homes, making long-term investments, etc.

They don't really believe in it. If they really knew the world would end in say 5 years, they would radically change their lives. Any one of us would.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

redvip2000

In fact this is something we see a lot with JWs. They don't live in a way that indicates they actually believe the world will not last more than a few years. They still go around having kids, buying homes, making long-term investments, etc.

They don't really believe in it. If they really knew the world would end in say 5 years, they would radically change their lives. Any one of us would.

That’s just another thing that pisses me of, they are such Hypocrites.

LongHairGal

That statement was also a pet peeve of mine and why I hardly ever had discussions with Witnesses.

I don’t like to have discussion with them either because their hardheadedness frustrates me so much it just ruins my entire week. I don’t feel obligated to wake any of them up, that’s on them. They have all the same resources available that I had to wake up, they just want to continue to be idiots.

ToesUp

They are in their 70's, broke, no retirement, one has no children or husband, no education and is poor heath.

That’s sad. I especially feel for the jw ladies who never married and are now old an all alone.
  • zeb
    zeb

IBIO... "we will see what you have been up to.."--- chills me. That portends an interrogation..

LHG...." I don’t feel obligated to wake any of them up, that’s on them. They have all the same resources available that I had to wake up, they just want to continue to be idiots." ...........
    and i feel sorry to those here who attempt to wake up mothers..(!) siblings and former friends; it is a waste of your lifes time and as pointless as the dtd work was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit