Crises of Conscience latest, plus : a solution for reading it legally, courtesy of u/ziddina

by Diogenesister 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• deegee
    deegee

Is it Deborah Drexler or Deborah Dykstra?

http://www.commentarypress.com/copyright/

(website providing news and updates concerning the copyright and re-publishing of Crisis of Conscience)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Steve 2It is also frustrating that posts almost always rely on second- or third hand accounts ("...someone who knows Deborah Drexler...").

Hi Steve. I can tell you it was Jim Penton who spoke with her, he told Lloyd Evans what she said. So these are very credible sources whom I trust 100%. Your frustration is understandable as we've had these second hand accounts about it for so long.There is absolutely nothing on the website she was using and she does not reply to messages.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is she a DUB??? WTF???

DD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sorry DeeGee, it is indeed Deborah Dykstra.This is the person to whom I referred. My mistake with the spelling.

She has not left updates on the commentary press site for some time, neither does She respond to queries - often from those of us who have donated money toward helping her to publish Crisis of Con.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is she being evasive for a reason ($$$)???

I always thought it would be in WT's interests to buy the rights to the book and pay her to not talk about it so it never sees the light of day again.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Diogenesister. I appreciate you conveying the information to us. Yes, those sources are 100% credible.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can't help but think how many knowledgeable people in the exJW community could help her out without asking a penny.

The lack of transparency is disturbing.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    " I will have to ask Jesus"!!!!!

There goes the book!

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980

"I'll have to ask Christ" wasn't Geoffrey Jackson's ARC answer to a question they asked him?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    elkatire: "I'll have to ask Christ" wasn't Geoffrey Jackson's ARC answer to a question they asked him?

Jesus. Ask Jesus, he said.

Huh. That must be the go-to Christian response to a question you don't want to answer. Jackson fumbled his way to this exchange when trying to defend the GB's ridiculous two-witness rule in cases of rape:

STEWART: “Now, is it not the case that had Jesus been asked about a case of sexual abuse he may have referred back to this part of Deuteronomy, and said that it is not required to have two witnesses?”

JACKSON: “Um, I certainly would like to ask Jesus that, and I can’t at the moment. I hope to in the future. Ah, but that’s a hypothetical question which, if we had an answer, then we could support what you said.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit