We love you---but we don't trust you!

by eyeuse2badub 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Can you truly love someone if you don’t fully trust them and you are not willing to confide in them? True love is a two way street right?

I just listened to the 2015 AGM broadcast. Interestingly, several times various gb members stated how much they love us and appreciate us. And often letters that are read to the congregation from the gb are closed with the words such as, ”Be assured of our warm Christian love”. So they assure us of their love----- But they don’t trust us nor do they confide in us now do they? I wonder if Jesus trusted his disciples and confided in them?

For example, they love our money and certainly encourage us to 'honor jehober with our valuables', but they will not tell us exactly how our money is used. They use that vague, all-encompassing phrase ‘kingdom interests’ as a smoke screen. Of course we know that there are expenses, so what are the expenses and how much are the expenses? After all do we not deserve to know how OUR money is being used? Why does this corporation not have to provide full disclosure of it's finances? Why have they never published their balance sheet for viewing to those who made that balance sheet possible? It must be because they love us so much that they don’t want to burden us with such mundane trivia. Do you feel the love?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am careful not to use such a line of thought with my JW family, because I know the standard answer. That answer is that parents love their teenaged children but don't trust them to be adults. They put restrictions on them and monitor many aspects of their lives.

They try to paint that picture of Jehovah, and they try to paint a similar one of themselves.

• Listener
    Listener

Like little children the flock trust them regardless. As mature adults that is not the smart thing to do.

Without being upfront about finances they do not deserve to be trusted because they cannot prove themselves worthy of it.

Does God really expect us to have blind trust in an organization?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    OnTheWayOut
    Yea we have all heard that weak line of reasoning. At what point do parents start trusting their children? Never? lol
    And we ain't children any more!
    just saying!
    eyeuse2badub
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I have heard the excuse that if they let people know their financial numbers then they would open themselves up to attacks like frivolous lawsuits from opportunists.

Well so much for the plan to avoid lawsuits. Hidden Pedophilia will get you every time :)

Also wouldn't an organization that was confident of Almighty God's backing not worry about petty lawsuits from the "world"? Certainly the Creator of the universe can throw pesky lawyers off the scent... Certainly the maker of black holes and sunsets can make a few billion measly dollars appear...

Why the worry? Where's the faith you demand from your followers Governing Body?

Everyday you don't open your books to the public, you admit fear and deceit. You also admit that you do not believe that which you claim. God doesn't back you... And you know it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

xjwsrock - "...wouldn't an organization that was confident of Almighty God's backing not worry about petty lawsuits from the 'world'?"

Very astute.

The simple fact that they are concerned about lawsuits suggests - ultimately - that the WTS doesn't have "Almighty God's backing".

x

EDIT: I elaborate here (sixth post from the top):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4678759366000640/money-woes-show-aint-truth?page=3&size=10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit