What words does your animal understand?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Actually Simon studies show that dogs can understand up to 50 words and cats up to 200 and that takes into consideration tone of voice and facial expression. They can also learn gestures and I have seen dogs understand sigh language. (BTW cats are much smarter than dogs but prefer not to flaunt it)

Drat who had the Maine Coon. One of mine is a MC. They are so vocal - drives me nuts but they are pretty smart. Mine is only 12 pounds and I sure hear him walking around. Mine would let my little grand-daughter pick him up and drag him around the house. Problem was that he was bigger than her. So he would pick up his hind legs so she could carry him. MCs are known for being great with kids and this one is such a people person he was wonderful with her.

Maverick - not sure if your cat sounds like mine or you sound like my husband LOL

• aojumper
    aojumper

Dazedandconfused,

I think animals have a sixth sense, Especially the smarter dogs, If I think "I should take the Dogs to the bark park" but even watch my actions and piosture, My Anatolian Shepherd starts looking at me like he is reading my mind, after a couple of those thoughts he gets so riled up, (i'ts his favourite place).

Anatolians are really almost the smartest dogs around, (not just because I own one). For six thousand years the dog has been bred to watch over flocks and people and use there size to intimidate before starting a fight. I promise you, you will never feel safer than when you have an Anatolian inside you walls. Bring on the robbers and rapists my dog'll snack on ya! www.anatolianshepherd.com

My basset like nina's, understands all the food words, and "no" and "come here" are options as well. She's my husbands dog. But boy is she cute, even when she's being naughty.

K

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Drat who had the Maine Coon. One of mine is a MC.

That would be me. I have 2. A male and a female. The male is not exactly the MC brain trust, but he's a lover. I used to show cats, and when my MC breeder friends told me how special they were, I thought, "Oh, all cats are that way." But they really have wonderful personalities.

• JH
    JH

Do any of your dogs understand the words BOW WOW or ARFF ARFF?

• wednesday
    wednesday

our dog ahs a stuffed animal that is her "baby". she understnds "go get your baby". i say that and she will go fetch it and cry.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Simon, the reason I know our dog knew those words, GO OUTSIDE WALK is because she would perk up the same way if I was having an unrelated conversation with another person. If any of those words were used, she would perk up. All three, and she went beserk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit