Tried unwitnessing at LDS carts today

by joe134cd 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

The Rothschild family is taking the proceeds of KH sell-offs and putting it into LDS advertising.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The practice of polygamy is strictly prohibited in the Church, as it has been for over 120 years

Too bad for them because that is the only interesting thing about the church they had going. LOL

• Zilgee
  • Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Thanks for sharing that link Zilgee on the Family Home Evening. Now they need another former Mormon to join the JW GB ranks and suggest University is a good thing. It brings money into God's house.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

He made an interesting point. He said the have a lot of ex jw joining the Mormon church. If this is to be believed! I find it surprisingly unsurprising. But good luck to them if they do.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I once met a man in a Seventh-day Adventist Church who had been baptised as a Jehovah’s Witness, then a Mormon, and now is a Seventh-day Adventist. Some people seem to collect sectarian memberships like badges. Not a lot of people, but a peculiar minority do. This guy said he left the Jehovah’s Witnesses because they were anti-Semitic and he left the Mormons because all they wanted was his money. He claimed that as soon as he was baptised the Mormons asked for his credit card details while he was still wet from the baptism pool. I asked him why he thought JWs were anti-Semitic because this is something I had not come across. He claimed it was a statement in a Watchtower Study against the Jews. He did not make much sense to be honest. The funny thing was he was also critical about the Seventh-day Adventist Church when I met him (over three years ago, before the pandemic) so he may be onto his next church by now. What’s next? The Iglesia ni Cristo maybe? Or a Pentecostal group? 🤔

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

There was a TV documentary about the LDS church in the UK a while ago.

What struck me as interesting was the amount of proselytising that the young missionaries are encouraged to do via social media platforms like Facebook (they actually have to report meeting weekly targets).

• LV101
    LV101

I've heard of couple xjws running over to the Morman church and yrs. ago, read somewhere some go from one to the other -- strange.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Current GB member Ken Cook was born a Mormon, than converted to JW's in High School.

Was Guy Pierce really a Mormon first as well? First time I'm hearing that one.

This is also the first time I'm hearing about LDS "carts".

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Here's a post on Reddit from 3 years ago confirming Guy Pierce was raised a Mormon and became a witness as a young adult.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/hqehmy/one_of_the_members_of_the_gb_is_an_exmormon/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit