Gossiping

by Sabin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread yes!!

True friends should be able to enjoy discussions WITHOUT fear of expressing a comment that is 'unacceptable".

Opinions on matters amongst real friends are welcomed, and are not supposed to mirror one another.

A real friend is NOT a clone of one another!

• millie210
    millie210

This is an interesting thread, it seems from all the comments, that gossip is the normal state of being for a JW.

I think perhaps this is because of the way we were conditioned by the religion itself.

When you tell someone that they are in an elite group and the rest of the world is in darkness, non elite and grubby sinners, you encourage judging.

Once you have fed and raised that trait in people, how can you tell where it will/wont pop up?

So as a result, Gods "people" (as they fancy themselves being) are the most judgmental people on earth. All gossip is judgmental in nature. Its the foundation.

Stands to reason they would use it on each other too.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    JWS don't have much going on in their life except serving the Borg. It's easier to gossip and tare people down to elevate and feel better about yourself.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said Millie!
  • zeb
    zeb
    in early days 'in' we visted an elder and his wife had another sister there and they were going at it about another sisters medical situation and some personal stuff at that! This in front of us as 'newly interested' which shows their behaviour was the normal for them.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    They gossip because they are frustrated.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What else is there in the narrow life of witnesses?

Nothing...so they have to create 'storms in teacups' and gossip about the very ones they say they would give their lives for!

Hahah...yep right...give their lives? But stab in the back at the first opportunity!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Sorry..."tear"..blaming it on auto-correct.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    such 'gossiping' was what held me back from 'spiritually advancing'' in the Borg. Such 'cliques' and 'backstabbing'.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The gossiping in the JW religion is a pathological problem and proves there is hardly any love there, not even Christian decency...In fact, it would be MORE correct to say there is more hate there than love, in some cases!

The only "love" that might exist is among extended family members there. That's about it. Forget it if you were a single person with no relatives there!

But, yet Witnesses have the audacity to imagine they are in a "brotherhood" which is magically going to "kick in" when THEY need it. Many of these people I wouldn't give the time of day to!

The bad attitudes I encountered made it all the more easy for me to "fade" from the Witness religion when I felt the time was right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit