Anyone else watching the Leah Remini series "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" on A&E?

by NikL 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Spread a new message - nobody owns us but we ourselves!

This needs to be taught everywhere, every day.

• flipper
    flipper

In watching this latest episode where the ex-Scientologist cried for the lost years he shunned his brother and cried about his brothers death. I was sitting there crying for him- but in a way I felt I was crying over my strained relationships with my own JW siblings that have been lost for years now. I am so different from my JW family- it's like day and night.

I swear to god- sometimes I think I had an alien father impregnate my mom years ago because SHE is the only person in my family that I was like in personality. Trying to be kind . The rest of my JW immediate family act like a pack of wolverines. It's incredible. I definitely relate to what this man experienced in this particular scientology episode ( P.S. Everybody hug each other today- O.K. ? ) Hugs are good.

• NikL
    NikL

There has been a lot of talk on here about Leah doing a similar documentary of JWs.

While I definitely would be excited to see it, the sad thing is most JWs wouldn't watch. Just "apostate lies and slander from those diseased individuals trying to tarnish Jehovah’s name" don't ya know.

Hang in there Flipper.

Consider yourself hugged bro.

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

I too have been watching every episode. I'm so proud of Leah Remini and the courage she and the others have shown by speaking out.

Knowledge is power.

Hopefully anyone thinking of joining scientology or any organization (religious or otherwise) will do their research first. In this day and age, most often it just takes googling it.

You may already know there is a good documentary, Truth Be Told, about JW's. Also the movie WORLDS APART is based on the true story of a 17 year old JW who chooses her 'worldly' boyfriend over her religion. It is very well done. It is a foreign film so there are sub-titles. Well worth watching.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I make sure my 12 year old daughter is watching each episode with me, and we discuss the dangers of the control, dangers of anyone/anything trying to separate you from your family, and the lure of what seems to be "good" in order to capture your mind and control your thoughts/decisions/life..This goes for JW as well as Scientology, some independent Baptist, Twelve Tribes ( which have a strong presence in our community), etc.

For her is it an absolute MUST WATCH. I would be failing her as a mother if I did not make sure she knew this information, as disturbing as it can be. This is at her literal doorstep. Her father's mentally in, her grandmother practicing, her aunt and cousins in. Thankfully the extended family have, as far as I know now,,, have never spoken with her about it, but that is NEVER to be trusted.

I always speak lovingly about those family members, and explain them as mentally captured and misguided ( only if she goes deeper and she asks about it.)

Each and every teen should be required to watch this series with a responsible adult.

• arwen
    arwen

Just heard Lisa Rimini and lawyer from Scientology are going to be on 20/20 tonight Jan 6 should be very interesting!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit