Disfellowshipped JW's Still Have "Normal Family Relations"

by Sea Breeze 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Any corporation that would gladly take a child's ice cream money needs burning in the garbage.

• tiki
    tiki

"Normal family relations".....in that cult abnormal family relations are far more prevalent.....dffed or not.....

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Play the clips from the convention where the phone is not answered and the like

• jp1692
    jp1692

"When someone is disfellowshipped from the religion, normal family relations continue, with the exception of spiritual fellowship.” - A Watchtower Lawyer

That's such bullshit!

I know countless people that aren't even disfellowshipped that are shunned by their family merely because they no longer go to the Kingdom Hall to attend meetings.

The leadership of this cult are all morally corrupt liars. They have no shame.

If you have to lie to defend your beliefs, then your beliefs are not worth defending!

• Listener
    Listener

The other crazy thing is that spiritual fellowship does continue. The dfd one can still attend meetings, pray, sing and therefore worship along with the rest of the congregation, the just can't talk to anyone.

However, if they are living with their family, then they can't sit and listen in their book study or join in prayer with them but unlike at the Kingdom Hall, they can talk to them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The JW`s also lyingly try to put the onus on the one that is shunned saying it`s their fault we are not talking to them because they knew the consequences of leaving the religion .So they still left knowing the consequences so its not our fault but theirs.....?

How do you argue with reasoning like that ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    smidds - How do you argue with reasoning like that ?

Image result for you can't argue with a lunatic

• under the radar
    under the radar

The WT is deliberately trying to deceive the Court when they say crap like that. If called up about it, they say, "When we say family, we are only referring to those who live in the same home. We weren't including other relatives."

Here is what their actual policy is. It speaks for itself.

WT 11/15/52 p. 703

Questions From Readers

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.

God’s law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes.

(And then further down…)

The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Such bullshit , I left my wife and kids recently because three of my kids and wife were shunning me in my own home and I’m not dfd or da’d.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Crazyguy2 have you considered contacting a domestic abuse helpline and speak to them about what happened to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit