The Murderous God of the Old Testament.....

by searchfothetruth 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I was talking to an Ex-Jw earlier and he hadn't heard the story in 2 Kings about the brutal murder by God of 42 'small boys'. :

2 KINGS 2:23-24:

" And he proceeded to go up from there to Bethel (how appropriate). As he was going up on the way, there were small boys that came out from the city and began to jeer him and kept saying to him: 'Go up you Baldhead! Go up you Baldhead!" Finally he turned behind him and saw them and called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and went tearing to pieces forty-two children of their number. "

So Jehovah God sent 2 bears to kill 42 children because they were calling someone names?

I know the society try and tell us that they were grown men, but that is not what the bible says.

Also, if you add up all the men, women and children that Jehovah killed by the sword of the Israelite armies in Deutronomy, the number comes to over 14 MILLION people.

When the Israelites attacked a city, they were told to kill the women and children too...very loving and caring God we have here.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, the whole she-bear episode always made me feel a little funny when I read it. The bible has some stupid parts. Real stupid parts. But we'll understand all those things better in the New System.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

search for.

In the OT, the males of all ages were unquestionably exterminated.In many instances, however, the females who were virgin and had "not known a man" were spared to a life as servants.

• Hamas
    Hamas

There is this one instance what I can recall where I think its LOT sends out his daughter and she is repeatadly raped in order for something to happen which is good in Gods eyes.

Does seem a bit harsh.

• gumby
    gumby
    There is this one instance what I can recall where I think its LOT sends out his daughter and she is repeatadly raped in order for something to happen which is good in Gods eyes.

Lot OFFERED his daughters to homosexuals who wanted sex, instead of offering some strangers. That story Hamas gets even more graphic when BOTH of his daughters ( later on ) commit incest with their drunk father. What a bunch of hillbilly white trash losers eh? Anyone who can swallow this trash is as dumb as I was about it.

Gumby

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

What do you expect of what was once one of the lesser tribal gods?

JamesT

• gumby
    gumby
    What do you expect of what was once one of the lesser tribal gods?

It's sad that Christians will not look into what was just said by JamesT.

Look up "EL", and how that became a plegerized hebrew term for their God ...they borrowed... that has become worshipped to this day.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The scripture at Genesis is incomplete as commented on above.

Lots house was surrounded by a mob of crazed perverts who demanded his visitors for sex. Lot then offers his daughters to them .There is no comment as to whether or not God approved of his action . The 2 angels then struck the mob blind so that they gave up and went away . Thus no one had to pay a price for Lot's actions.

I am not necessarily presenting this as history , just rounding out the story . Like others I have always been concerned about the violent judgements from God in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament if you like), especially when they are held up as justification for belief in a slaughter at Armageddon . They say "Well, we know he has done such things before.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    " And he proceeded to go up from there to Bethel (how appropriate). As he was going up on the way, there were small boys that came out from the city and began to jeer him and kept saying to him: 'Go up you Baldhead! Go up you Baldhead!"

That's what he gets for going around naked and circumcised. Since he was old, it probably couldn't go up.

Finally he turned behind him and saw them and called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah.

He turned behind who?

He called evil upon them in the name of the god of love?

Then two she-bears came out of the woods and went tearing to pieces forty-two children of their number. "

Which goes to prove that it is not what you know. It's who you know.

So Jehovah God sent 2 bears to kill 42 children because they were calling someone names?

Yes, but not just any evil names. Those children called a bald-headed man a name reflecting the truth about his lack of hair. They really deserved to die! They were running ahead of the society bible.

I know the society try and tell us that they were grown men, but that is not what the bible says.

In a few years you will probably see the following in the NWT:

there were small boys midgets that came out from the city
  • searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Midgets...excellant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit