Should doctors tell JW patients that there is disagreement about Watchtower's blood policy.

by Lee Elder 46 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It's all a matter of context...

Death Penalty (Deuteronomy 14:21) “You must not eat any animal that was found dead" Compare Hebrews 10:28.

Your post that you refer to above and your premise was debunked.

• besty
    besty
    Your post that you refer to above and your premise was debunked

no it wasn't - what actually happened was you got your ass handed to you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Dear besty,

Twas. But it does not matter at all. Like I posted to TD, you can believe it too if you like it!

• besty
    besty

It's not a question of belief. It's a question of what is the most reasonable, natural and simplest understanding of all the scriptures within their context.

Cofty made his argument and you failed to overturn it. So please don't rewrite history on another thread.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You are sure of this

before the dance of death scene "Once Upon a Tine in the West"

Frank:: ".. Cause I know now you'll tell me what you're after."

Harmonica: "Only at the point of dying."

Ans: Only at the point of dying. Isn't courage about risk?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It's a question of what is the most reasonable, natural and simplest understanding of all the scriptures within their context.

No, 'Tis knowing what the author means and not about your conclusions or interpretations about what he wrote.

Cofty made his argument and you failed to overturn it.

No he did not. He failed to. And yes I did.

So please don't rewrite history on another thread.

He linked and referred to his thread that I debunked. My post was a response/reminder to him, not to you.

• cofty
    cofty

Fisherman you debunked nothing. Your assertion that you did amounts to a lie.

The quality of your "arguments" in that thread was so poor it was embarrassing. Completely ignoring evidence and throwing around "proof texts" with no concern for their context is a JW technique.

The fact remains that an Israelite farmer had permission to eat the unbled flesh of an animal found already dead with impunity.

A summary of the evidence can be found here...

A fuller explanation here...

All of you pathetic attempts to refute this fact are still there for anybody to see. If you want to try again I will demolish you again with pleasure

• cofty
    cofty

On page 16 of this thread you admitted that "Sometimes, unbled meat could be eaten"

Therefore you lost the argument.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Fisherman,

Ans: Only at the point of dying. Isn't courage about risk?

On the two occasions that I had to refuse blood when I was a Witness I didn't feel it was about courage it was more to do with fear. Fear of displeasing God. I had as the Insight book says ' wholesome dread of displeasing him'

'risk is a consequence of action taken in spite of uncertainty' (Wikipedia. under Risk)

It also involved faith 'faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for', the title deed,hupostasis which has a certainty to it. If I died faithful to God I could have a resurrection whereas if I died unfaithful my hope was at risk.

That's why I didn't feel it was courage to refuse a blood transfusion. It would have taken greater courage as a Witness to say yes to having a transfusion and risk displeasing God and losing out on ones place in the spiritual paradise, especially on one occasion when I wasn't the person needing it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Ucantnome, I too, as a believing active JW had to make a decision about blood and made the identical decision as you for the exact same reasons.

As it turned out blood wasn't needed at all so things turned out fine. However, with my husband and my family and friends ALL being JWs it would have taken more courage to accept blood than to refuse it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit