Cowardly Change of Policy in the UK

by Slidin Fast 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just wonder how it work.... they have no house to house records of "not homes" to write to. They would have to write blind to house numbers, addressing "the occupier" ..unless perhaps they used the phone book ?

Is that a breach of Data Protection law?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They might not go all in and write to every house. At the moment JWs in the UK are not allowed to write to anyone who hasn’t explicitly said they can write to them. So maybe the new rule, if it’s true, will at first mean that JWs begin writing to old calls, contacts and acquaintances of various kinds.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

They could start pioneering by writing to all the disfellowshipped ones.

• dozy
    dozy

With GDPR and Data Protection , this is something of a minefield.

Possibly by prefacing the letter as being sent by "Hi - I am one of your neigbours" and addressing it to "The Householder" rather than a specific named individual then perhaps it might get around the legislation. Even writing to existing calls , such as magazine routes , is probably not OK as they haven't given implicit consent to marketing.

I just wonder how concerned the Society is at the lack of ministry. So much for "the stones will cry out" - the covid pandemic has resulted in virtually an international complete halt.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nothing in writing. That ought to be fun when doctrines get corrupted down the line. They tell the same message to those near the top, who mess it up a bit. As the message moves down the line, these errors add up, so the message the publishers receive in one congregation could be different from that received elsewhere. And all could differ from the original, and they would have no way to verify anything.

And that is with just honest mistakes. Throw in a few deliberate corruptions, usually by hounders or hounder-hounders that are tyrants trying to grab as much power or money (usually both) from people as possible, and this message could be way worse than it ever was intended to be.

And no written door to door records means no return visits. It is easy enough to lose calls with written records. What happens when you find no one at home? It is easy to lose those slips. Now, they have to guess. Someone comes out in field circus that wasn't out during the initial calls in that territory, and they have to guess who was at home and who was not. This is going to result in excessive numbers of mistakes, calling on people that were not interested the first time and not hitting those who were simply not home or were busy the first time. I hope that, between the confusion of messages coming from the top and messing up with house to house records, they end up having precisely zero new studies.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If a loved one is still in and you suspect they are counting their time with you, let them but steer the conversation your way. Be kind, not controversial. All they care about is 'getting their time in.' Make them feel welcome.

But never accept an invitation to attend the meetings. There are limits.

But if you have popcorn and it's Zoom meeting night you might be able to talk some of them into watching a movie. Or binging on apostate Youtubes. As they sometimes do even when at the meeting without any encouragement.

Put bluetak or sellotape over the microphone if you are on Zoom though, just in case one of the elders unmutes your microphone.

• waton
    waton

Was it not a;ways an unspoken policy that jws in various venues of "service" were on their own when it comes to any problems?

That it is why they are called "publishers", Mini- Murdochs

deemed able to carry the financial burden.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Get caught, go to jail, pay a fine, go to prison.. Get hit by a car while manning a trolley cart, you’re on your own.

What a great Cult!

DD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am in Australia and I have received a letter like this.....Addressed to the householder. "As one of your neighbours I am concerned" etc,etc.,with a leaflet "Who Controls The World",Then refers to JW.ORG and the local Congregation on the back of the envelope.

The writer only gives a first name and no personal contact number for her.

Is the same thing happening here ?

Edit to add: If she really beleived her Bible she would know that the GOD of the Bible rules the world Rom.13:1-7

• tiki
    tiki

So...basically field service is reduced to send someone a stupid letter if you dare...and watch some stuff on your computer screen constitutes meeting attendance. Sounds to me like this religion is eddying down the drain into oblivion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit