Leaked videos - Why?

by NewYork44M 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you to those that have passed on "leaked" videos. One point that I have not seen discussed is "why" apostates are getting these videos.

Are videos getting out because of a lack of internal controls, or are there more than a few disloyal insiders that are more than happy to pass on inside information. Or, is there a strategic intent of releasing leaked videos?

If there is no intention of releasing these videos I would guess that the Wt is apoplectic about this gap in controls. The conclusion I get is that the Wt administration is highly dysfunctional. Understanding this dysfunction is as valuable as seeing the content of these videos.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Good question, I would like to know too.

• Sliced
    Sliced

I've often pondered the same questions... but then, honestly, after the watching the training video for new bethelites... (AKA: PillowGate) I can't see how the GB would ever INTEND for the public to see and review it... other videos that have been leaked such as the state of their financial affairs and other internal processes have no strategic value (In other words what would be the purpose to expose themselves in such a way?) it doesn't make sense... so, to me, I conclude that they have a MESS going on internally and they know it and they are trying to plug it up... so, that means people are AWAKE on the inside. Someone higher up is for sure. Anyone else agree, or am I missing something?

• Tallon
    Tallon
    Are videos getting out because of a lack of internal controls, or are there more than a few disloyal insiders that are more than happy to pass on inside information ...

My guess would be a combination of the above.

• sir82
    sir82

When you are concerned about where your organization is going, but are fearful of personal consequences, you leak stuff.

You're hopeful that public exposure brings some sort of change, or at the very least accountability.

It's not just the WTS - I have never seen the quantity and quality of stuff leaking out of the White House, like we have now.

• Room 215
    Room 215

My impression is that they're coming from disillusioned insiders who see the disclosures as ways to embarrrass leadership, militate for changes and/or disabuse the naive rank- and-file of any fanciful notions as to the inner workings of leadership.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

For the believers...

Jehovah uses insiders (those who leak) to expose and teach the bORG a few lessons. It's just the O.T. repeating itself. Jehovah will not tolerate false prophets and liars.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

There are a few reasons, IMO - and many of them differ depending on what your motive is and what your feelings are about this nightmare of an org.

Primarily, for most that have a deep hatred for this cult, it's just good to see that the organization has chinks in their armor and we hope that one day, they self destruct from the inside out. I'm in the camp that loves to see governments crack down on them, and I especially love to see them exposed over the hiding of pedophiles and harboring of monsters (for example, the ARC stuff). They suck, I can't stand them, and I often check this site for no other reason than to daydream about when those bastards finally fall apart.

At the same time, we do live in a society that is obsessed with anonymity online. The internet is full of "tough guys" behind a keyboard. People like the Snowden's of the world, and the crowd that loves wiki-leaks are prone to getting their rocks off on anonymously revealing things that they are privy to. It makes them feel like they are smart, getting a "one up" on the WTBTS. That's definitely part of it. If you are in the borg, but having serious doubts, you use information to curry favor and support from those out of the borg. There's a lot of ego involved, IMO.

Second, I think there are people that are out and free - but they still want to feel like they are still in know (the informed, inner circle) of the borg. These people love that they still have access to all of the tasty gossip and information that they did when they were in. It's similar to what people that Trump have fired have had to say about his presidency, after they are out...some measure of sour grapes.

I am sure that their auditing department (IT Budget) is spending a ton of money on DLP technology (data loss prevention) and trying hard to audit everything that is accessed and copied elsewhere. I bet they run Splunk, Checkpoint DLP agents, and have endpoint encryption on their servers, desktops, and laptops...up the wazoo - and go through detailed audit logs on their internal infrastructure to see who accessed what, and when.

• Sliced
    Sliced

...am sure that their auditing department (IT Budget) is spending a ton of money on DLP technology (data loss prevention) and trying hard to audit everything that is accessed and copied elsewhere. I bet they run Splunk, Checkpoint DLP agents, and have endpoint encryption on their servers, desktops, and laptops...up the wazoo - and go through detailed audit logs on their internal infrastructure to see who accessed what, and when.

and yet, the leaks continue.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What I would like to see is a compilation of bloopers and blunders that the GB and their helpers have made putting these videos together...that would be a real hoot! Can you imagine, for example, how many funny retakes there were of the 'pillow-gate' video...or how many redos and start-overs there must have been to GB Splane and his chart and pointee stick trying to keep a straight face while explaining the new Overlapping Generation stupidity!

So to our inside leakers...any chance of that happening? :-) :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit