Good Works by "worldly people".

by Lost in the fog 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I stopped giving money to the Borg long ago. I gladly give money to my worldly friends and their charitable services. Jesus Christ fed the poor and the hungry.

I like your post. One of the things that I hate about the WT is their attitude of not doing anything for anyone other than themselves and they reason they give is the "not part of the world" crap. I'm not fond of other religions, but at least there are things like Catholic Charities, and other nonprofit community organization that provide shelters, schools, food, and other things. The WT is all about them, and only them.

That's part of the reason why after I left got involved in volunteering for a number of things and still do. I am part of the world and love every single part of it.

• blondie
    blondie

James 2:15, 16

• 15 If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing* and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it?+

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The friends in the truth mock them.

This alone proves that it isn't 'the truth™'

Imagine how superior these jobos must feel when they slag others off. Pathetic losers!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good works can include more than helping everyone out that has been in a disaster. Putting up lights on your house can brighten things up in the area, just at the time of year when things are dreariest. You can put those things up with money you otherwise would have given to the jokehovians. And it takes less time than going out in field circus for the month. Even a single string of outdoor LED lights along the porch or on the bushes, or a single window framed with LED Christmas lights and a LED candle in that window will help.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    "those children don't need food, they need to know about Jehovah's Kingdom. Send them Bibles, don't send them food aid!"

But did he send them bibles? Not that a starving child would get anything out of a bible anyway, but the reality is the vast majority of Jehovah's witnesses don't do any effective preaching (standing by a literature cart doesn't count) not do they give to charity, so they are in effect doing nothing to help their fellow man.

It used to bother me that the preaching work was so much a waste of time, yet I was discouraged from doing anything that would make me feel I was helping others. I am happy now that I can volunteer and contribute to worthy charities.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was in, this was one sickening advise I received from elders and fellow JWs.

"Instead of helping the poor and needy, give it to the WT which would provide a permanent solution for the problem"

I couldn't swallow it even then.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I once brought out the scriptures where a man is curing the sick and preforming miracles but he wasn’t an apostle of jesus or one of his disciples. The apostles approached Jesus and told him what this man was doing and asked if they should stop him. He said in a sense if he’s not against me then he’s for me, leave him alone.

The elders I read this too didn’t like these verses very well at all. If Jesus were real and truly the son of god he would not be to fond of the JW cult!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There really isn't a lot of love, compassion and empathy within the mindset of JWS , they are mostly selfish narcissists who are awaiting their reward in Paradise, the rest of humanity can die and have their bodies eaten by birds and animals. ....according to the bible Scripture.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I love having the choice now to give to people in need. I can't give to everyone, nobody can but I like the food banks and Crisis at Christmas for homeless people. It seems awful not having enough to eat or a roof over your head.

Unicef are brilliant for getting vaccines to far-flung places. Amnesty do great work for prisoners of conscience and people suffering injustices. WWF have worked to get tiger numbers up and it's worked!

Like Snare I'm not proud of what I can do now, I'm just sad and amazed that I didn't do it before. Cults really mess with your head! To make ordinary people so uncaring takes a huge amount of brainwashing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOST IN THE FOG:

I am glad you give money to "worldly" charities instead of the 'Borg'. It is worthless and does nothing to help anybody. I only wish more people knew just how worthless this religion is.

Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit