Help needed: Elders should contact authorities immediately if KH are damaged?

by EdenOne 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Hello.

I remember some time ago someone brought up a letter to congregations or some other similar instruction, instructing the elders to "contact the authorities immediately" if something like a robbery or trouble came upon a Kingdom Hall.

Does anyone remember that? And what was the source of that instruction please?

Much appreciated.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi EdenOne,

If I remember correctly, the elder's handbook has instructions about calling the authorities when there is a meeting disturbance.

I think I already see the irony in your question: Going immediately to the police to protect WT property, but refraining when a member of the congregation has CSA issues. (And I think they no longer say "member." I think currently they are now saying an "associate" or something like that.)

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Yes that's what I intend to establish, this different standard of action towards a crime that is known by the elders to have taken place. Still, I need the source ...

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Please post back here if you find it. Would be a great comparison!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey Atlantis our good friend...we need your help. I remember such an announcement...it may have been in the form of a leaked BOE letter meant only for the elders.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Is this surprising to any degree ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just bumping this to the top, as if someone is able to give us the Copy of the letter on here, we can then readily establish the truth of the Org's terrible attitude to Abuse in their midst.

Helpful for active J.W's to see the true nature of the org !

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

See chapter 20, paragraph 38 of the most recent Shepherd the Flock book.

Paragraph 37 also has something about calling the police.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Can someone point me to the PORTUGUESE edition of the latest Shepherd The Flock book, please? My personal copy is of the 1991 edition of "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All The Flock" book...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    Police References: ( List of only a few. There are many other references going back to the time Rutherford had 4 members removed by police.)

These are numbered exactly as they appear in the file folder.

1--2014-November-6th-BOE-Page 4-Look under the heading: DISRUPTIVE INDIVIDUALS AT CONGREGATIONMEETINGS

2--CIRCUIT ORGANIZATION
    GUIDELINES
    March 2013--Click the Red Bookmark and see the highlighted first paragraph.

3--TO-57-Global-Assistance-
    Arrangement--See Page 3 under: WHAT SHOULD BE DONE IF AN INCIDENT INVOLVES PROPERTY DAMAGE?--Break-ins--Theft--
    Vandalism

4--2017-05-Convention Guidelines--Just click the one and only bookmark in Red. That will take you to the highlighted paragraph.

5--2019-July-10-See page 2: Recommended procedure when aggression occurs in public witnessing.

6--2021-April-Elders-Manual--
    Just search the word "police" and you will find information under "Disruptive Individuals".

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit