Bible

by Iamallcool 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Breezy - Likewise, in the Bible, the rod was applied to slaves and non-slaves alike.

I'm sure that was the culture for humans in those days.

But slavery is still evil isn't it? A loving god should have had it outlawed. Either god doesn't exist (seems most likely), doesn't care or is a sadistic piece of scum.

None of the stuff about historic punishment applies to the instructions a loving god would allow.

And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light, but the Electricity Board said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected.
    Spike Milligan
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

waton - back to bible horror: David, wt's favoured, collecting 200 foreskins to buy Saul's daughter. what a slaughter. er.

Reminds me of

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the beginning, God created heaven and earth. I couldn't get past that.

If that`s all he created I wonder who else created the universe ? After all heaven only relates to the expanse above the earth and doesn`t reach out into space .

The universe encompasses our Solar system , galaxy `s, and countless other Galaxy`s .

• waton
    waton
    created heaven and earth. I couldn't get past that.

s3 : to be fair, the bible says "heavens" plural. If you exclude the 'spiritual' domain, to the bible writers, in their dark, unpolluted dry desert skies, thousands of stars , even a galaxy or two were visible to the naked eye. That is four layers of the " heavens above", 1) the moon orbiting the Earth, 2) planets, comets orbiting the sun, 3 ) the Sun and other stars orbiting in the Galaxies, and 4) faint galaxies, part of the cluster.
    It is the Earth existing from the beginning, that is the bible error.

the Electricity Board said He would have to wait

pon: If I am allowed to add an old german poem:

Der Herrgott sprach "Es werde licht", doch Jesus fand den Schalter nicht.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Fair enough waton ,but could you please translate ?

• hoser
    hoser
    How does anyone that reads the bible cover to cover stay in the truth?
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Where to begin?

I'll just pull out one of my favorites -

Jehovah was with Judah, and they took possession of the mountainous region, but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain,* because they had war chariots with iron scythes. - Judges 1:19

War Chariots with Iron Scythes > Jehovah

• waton
    waton

smiddy, it was in response to punkofnice's quotation: translate? it is a striking rhyme, learned it in the 1930s. it is even wt / biblically correct, making Jesus the co-creator.

"The Lord - God said:" let there be light", --but Jesus could not find the switch. (in the dark).

said with the guttural nichcht, like in the infamous russian "Nnnyet" in the UN.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    You have the slave put their earlobe against the wooden door and you pierce a hole it by hammering the sharp pointed awl through it until the awl stuck into the wood door. I imagine they'd put some sort of earring into the hole once the person stopped screaming and they cleaned up the bloody mess.

And still some call Bible the good book.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    put their earlobe against the wooden door and you pierce a hole it by hammering the sharp pointed awl through it

Reminds me of Monty Python's 'Dinsdale', nailing heads to a coffee table.

Deuteronomy 23:1
    No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

How can anyone take this garbage seriously? If you need to have it explained (normally by some twit in a funny hat), then as I keep saying, God is useless at communicating...or simply doesn't exist and all this written guano is man made stuff.

......and we've wasted our bloody lives on it all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit