Bible

by Iamallcool 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    Do you have some scriptures that makes you scratch your head in wonder?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Exodus 21:20-21

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Corporal punishment was common in the Ancient Near East (ANE) and was used upon the free as well as slaves: Code of Hammurabi, 211; Scourged, Twelve Tables of Roman Law 8:15 (See Quotes from various Ancient Near East Law Codes regarding Slavery). Likewise, in the Bible, the rod was applied to slaves and non-slaves alike.

Prisons, for the most part didn't exist. Punishment was meted out quickly and then society and the one punished would move on.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

In the beginning, God created heaven and earth. I couldn't get past that.

• waton
    waton

the passage that has ladie's thighs examined to detect adultery.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Exodus 21:20-21
    20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property

THe Bible can be banned for these above two verses.

I have gone bald, scratching my head when I read the Whole Bible
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Deut 15:17 But if your servant says to you, ‘I do not want to leave you,’ because he loves you and your household and is well off with you, 17 then take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door and he will become your servant for life. And treat your maidservant the same way.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    7 then take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door

What the heck does this mean. Pin the slave to the door

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    What the heck does this mean. Pin the slave to the door

You have the slave put their earlobe against the wooden door and you pierce a hole it by hammering the sharp pointed awl through it until the awl stuck into the wood door. I imagine they'd put some sort of earring into the hole once the person stopped screaming and they cleaned up the bloody mess.

After that, they looked around for some poor little baby boy to circumcise.

• waton
    waton
    After that, they looked around for some poor little baby boy to circumcise.

PZ. That is actually a good procedure, if done with dulled pain. I know someone who had it done twice, became a new man, free, feeling new heights.

The obscenity is female circumcision, not biblical. a tragedy.

back to bible horror: David, wt's favoured, collecting 200 foreskins to buy Saul's daughter. what a slaughter. er.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit