JW claims of having the most accurate translation of bible

by StarTrekAngel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Is is true at all? If so, are there any independent sources who have asserted this claim? Who did the translation?

• Half banana
    Half banana

The first principle in listening to Jehovah's Witnesses: Don't believe a word of it!

The NWT (Not Well Translated) was done by amateurs who took liberties with the text promoting their trade mark god by translating the word "Lord" as "Jehovah," all to further their own cultic interests.

It was the date fixated and religious obsessive Fred Franz who led the translation team.

You cannot trust the integrity of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"The NWT (Not Well Translated )" - Half banana

That is an excellent observation that you have made, Half banana! My own personal take on it is NWT (Not Worded Truthfully)

• Londo111
    Londo111

In some instances, when the text made them uncomfortable, it would be tweaked. This seemed particularly so if the text could used to support the Trinity.

• JRK
    JRK

And the Revised NWT is SMW.

Shit made worse.

JK

• smiddy
    smiddy

Look at the KI translation they made , word for word Greek into English.

"The word was in the beginning and God was the word " or there abouts but their was no indefinite article "a"

• zeb
    zeb

Any bible using the work of Westcott and Hort as a base is suspect as these gentlemen drew inspiration from the occult. Check with Wikipedia.

The wt have also quoted people who accused wt of mis quotes to the point where they had to sue the wt to stop using their information. (don't recall names if anyone has them.. please)

• jhine
    jhine

I caught this while sitting in on a study at my friend's home ( my friend has no intention of becoming a JW , she likes the company ) . The JW conducting the study told my friend to look at ROM 10 vs 13 .

" Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord ( my Bible ) will be saved "

Of course the NWT substitutes Jehovah for Lord , which is not in the original .

I always read around the verse given to get context and read in verse 9

" That if you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved "

Of course the Witnesses conveniently ignore that verse . I did ask the JW conducting the study to read that verse from the NWT and it was the same as mine ( the NIV ) The point l was making went over her head .

So l would definitely agree that not only is the NWT not accurate but the translation is biased in favour of Watchtower teaching .

Jan

• Mephis
    Mephis

'Most accurate' is pretty much meaningless as a description of a translation really - what measures that? For the bible, it tends to be how well the translation fits a church's own doctrinal preferences...

It reads well as an 'Englished' modern translation of ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic texts. It has some serious issues with (deliberately) obscuring major contradictions in the text (eg who caused David to make a census?) which are acknowledged by almost every serious translation. It also plays fast and loose with choosing how it translates certain passages - their version of John 1:1 being one which most bible scholars and translators would reject for a number of reasons as implausible.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

NWT is not accepted as a legit translation by any scholastic organization.

The NWT is a Watchtower version of the holy bible. It is not a translation as much as it is a version.

Some say that all bibles are biased, but the truth is that the bible is a catholic book. They confirmed what was to be included and excluded. It's their book and if you want to know about that book, you should go to the source as JWs have only 150 years of bible experience and the church that created it has 1700-1800 years of keeping and maintaining the scriptures.

Sorry if you don;t like the truth..... lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit