Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-11-2015 WT Study (EXPECTATION)

by blondie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Ah, to be alive back then....... Witness things like the birth of electronic information exchange. "What hath God wrought!"........ Flying machines ect, ect,..... to see it all turned into a fulfillment of prophesy by a cult, ah those were they days......

Just imagine how the governing body will turn the tide on the spread of electronic information in the internet age. I can hardly wait! No doubt things are speeding up as the day draws near. We are witnessing history here folks.

Edited to add: My remarks were in reference to the writings in The Harp of God book.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Para 5 re Jesus not giving a date. True he did not present a date but he DID give a benchmark - the generation.

There was no mention of the generation in this WT yet has been a critical part of WT eschatology for years. Where it would have been part of the discussion before, now is being left out to avoid clouding things with yet more awkward problems.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Para 7 - I answered on this, for the first time in ages, and pointed out that Jehovah specifically says he wants none to be destroyed so you could expect the sign to be clear to all yet it isn't. However, this follows other scripture including illustrations like the road to destruction being broad and wide so instead of the sign being clear for all, it would need something more to obtain salvation hence why the vast majority of humanity shall be destroyed.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

agnostic_pete pointed out Luke 21:8,9

• Luke 21:8, 9
      • 8 He said: “Look out that you are not misled,+ for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them.+ 9 Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances,* do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.”+

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Wait, I thought ...

The "time of the end" started in 1799 and Jesus' "presence" began in 1874:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

Studies in the Scriptures - Thy Kingdom Come p.23

"THE "Time of the End," a period of one hundred and fifteen (115) years, from A.D. 1799 to A.D. 1914, is particularly marked in the Scriptures. "The Day of His Preparation" is another name given to the same period "

The Harp of God (1921) pp.228,229,236

"Napoleon began this Egyptian campaign in 1798, ... and being completed in 1799, marks, according to the Prophet's own words, the beginning of the "time of the end."... "The time of the end" embraces a period from 1799 A.D., as above indicated to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan's empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah."

Watchtower 1922 Mar 1 p.73

"The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874."

Creation (1927) 2,175,000 ed. p.293

"Napoleon began this Egyptian campaign in 1798, finished it, and then returned to France on October 1, 1799. The campaign is briefly, yet graphically described in the prophecy, verses 40-44; and its being completed in 1799 marks, according to the prophet's own words, the beginning of "the time of the end. Twelve hundred and sixty years from 539 A.D. brings us to 1799, which is another proof that 1799 definitely marks the beginning of "the time of the end." This also shows that it is from the date 539 A.D. that the other prophetic days of Daniel must be counted."

• prologos
    prologos

.point being, the diet fed to the sheep has not changed since 1879, why would it?, how could it?

Thank you blondie, bandit,

• kairos
    kairos

I'm "torturing myself" by listening in to the WT study on the phone while my still-in JW attends.

Someone mentioned 1975 and how long they have been waiting.
    They were happy because more 'people get to live" as a result.

Hmmm, she forgot how many get to die the longer "this system goes on".

The meeting sounds just like when I started attending in 1988....

• prologos
    prologos

par. 4 comment : no they have not, instead they have set dates to imply that the wait is almost over 1975 only 6 years away.

Par.5 false, Jesus did say how long that period of end time would be: I generation 40 years

Par. 9 "naive readiness to believe anything" no, just naively believing anything that comes out of wt.!

Par 14 Acts 1:7 sneakingly misquoted, not reading "it is not given to you to understand time and seasons"

Par 16 other application of the W. Gustloff sinking: The ship was tacking, zig-zagging to avoid any torpedoes aimed at it, but that constant course change allowed the submarine to catch up with it and sink it. So wt , your self-proclaimed "tacking" will have to catch up with you.

• bobld
    bobld

para 16."Like those unselfish passengers,we do our utmost to help people."Do you really help people by handing out wt mags? Compare yourself to the Red Cross:food banks,lifesaving blood,1st aid and cpr training,help homeless people,natural disasters,visit elderly,faimine relief,the list goes on and on.

By the way some of those unselfish passengers were the gestapo

• blondie
    blondie
    Yes, the WTS likes to bury its indisputable facts into the past, no longer published books. 1799 started me on getting older books. It is amazing the crazy crap the WTS put over on their members. Right up there with Jehovah living in the constellation of the Pleiades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit