Are J .W`s elligible for the Guinness Book of records for the most flip flops on doctrines ? In their 140? or so year history ?

by smiddy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Would the Jehovah`s Witnesses be a shoe in , for the most about face , flip flop , of doctrine , beliefs , and practices in this 21st Century , to have previously strongly held beliefs and then for them to be discarded in their 140 ? or so . year history ?

I think they take the cake .

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I read some where that they have predicted the end more times than any other religion in the last 100 plus years. They were even an answer on a game show about this type of thing.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hahahaha

No, you're wrong. The society NEVER made any mistakes...it was just overly keen individuals that eagerly misunderstood matters...

Or , it was actually God that got things wrong and told his spokesmen (the society) wrong information. God is very sorry for making those mistakes.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The WTS would most definitely make the world record for flip flops. WT Aug 1917

The WTS does not meet the criteria for the world record of flip flops. WT Sept 1932

We can say with certainty that the WTS would make the world record for flip flops. WT June 1975

The WTS would not ever meet the standards for the record for flip flops. WT May 1999

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Basically the Society has not met the criteria for wold record for flip flops. But they sure as Hell should!!!!
  • jaydee
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I remember a post from JMG (The ArchDruid Report) where he was covering Apocalyptic religions in history,and when he got to JW's he said that they were in a class all their own. Most groups that promised but couldn't deliver, faded away into obscurity. He was amazed how the JW's had pulled it off multiple times.

I will look for a link to the series he ran. I think it was snippets from a book he wrote that he included at the end of his regular posts a couple of years ago.

Edit: looks like he was taking excerpts from this:
    One of his latest books is Apocalypse NOT: Everything You Know About 2012, Nostradamus and the Rapture is Wrong.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

They would be if anyone cared about their opinions.

I think we have all learned that the universe could care less about this group..... they're just silly and sad......and also dangerous (blood, shunning, etc.)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's a good question, Smiddy.

They have to be top contenders!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Largest collection of flip flops goes to... WT yaaayy, woo hooo, yeah. Damn well deserved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit