Understanding The Bible ... The "Linchpin" Effect

by Littleleslie 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Are you saying the name of the last book of the Bible and Luke17:30 both have the word reveal in them and that this means something?
  • Littleleslie
    Littleleslie

Xanthippe,

I believe that there is a serious connection here, between what Jesus originally said in Luke 17:30 and the entire book of Revelation itself, its content. Still the Greek word used here in this case, does provide a clue, I do believe. However, my opinion on this is not solely based upon this fact only. There is more...much, much more to consider.

LL

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    You're not telling me anything at all. Do I have to join a club or something?
  • Littleleslie
    Littleleslie

Xanthippe,

I mentioned at the outset of this thread that there is a "Linchpin" effect to the Bible that needs to be observed, in order to completely understand it.

I asserted in the first post that without this "linchpin," one cannot properly understand the Bible in its entirety.

I also decided to use John 16:13,14 to show Jesus explaining the future role of the coming "Spirit of Truth" in the final days, which with God's help would ultimately lead mankind into "ALL TRUTH" and declare the future for their benefit. In this way, Jesus taught us the "Spirit of Truth" becomes a secondary "messiah" or special "teacher" [a "Linchpin" to understanding the bible] for our day and time, sent by Jehovah God and Jesus Christ ... authorized by them. (See John 14:26; John 15:26.)

Luke 17:30 tells us this modern-day Messiah would need to be "revealed" as it were, for mankind's benefit at the advent of his role as "Spirit of Truth." 

So, instead of anyone "joining a club," or something ... all one needs to do is to get his bible out, meditate on the verses in it, and put on his "thinking cap." 

LL

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I understand the words you are using but they have no meaning.

If you study the history of religion, particularly look at the Protestant Reformation, people have spent hundreds of years and written countless books to explain what the BIble really means. It's a cruel idea that everything is a puzzle to be solved. It's also an ancient idea in many cultures that we have to strive for salvation. It's not difficult to work out why, life is very hard, always has been. Please read more useful books.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

God is not the author of confusion . . .

. . . just joking! He is really out to deceive everyone by inspiring a book no one can understand. Haha, take that humans!

• Littleleslie
    Littleleslie

Xanthippe

Ok, fair enough, so you don't put any value on Jehovah God's Word, you think it is useless. I appreciate your honesty.

I believe that this information could be helpful for anybody who is searching for Jehovah, searching for scriptural answers from God's Word. This is for those who still believe that Jehovah will establish his kingdom, his Earthly kingdom.

"And in the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." - Daniel 2:44 NKJV

LL

• cofty
    cofty
    I believe that this information could be helpful

What information?

So far you have said nothing.

• zeb
    zeb

"that all end dates proved empty of fulfilment."-- "The gentile Times Reconsidered" x Jonsson. (former elder.) That Jerusalem did NOT fall in 607 bc.

This is a linchpin of the wts.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why would God have a book put together where the truth of it is hidden? Just to confuse people for centuries?

The more I learn about the Bible the less I believe in it. I mean come on, if God is supposed to be a loving heavenly father why ate his instructions so cryptic. Would a loving father give his kids riddles and then kill them if they can't figure them out? The Bible is a collection of stories, some with good lessons, some reflecting wisdom (like Proverbs), and some just batsh!t crazy. If it is something God wants me to devote my life to he needs to make it more clear and maybe preserve evidence for some of the history it claims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit