How many of you remember the "Pioneer Shuffle " and the special "time reporting" of pioneers?

by Foolednomore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Marbles
    Marbles

Fooled No More- he's the "neighborhood millionaire." His yard is just over grown with weeds and brambles. All the heavy equipment is stored in a massive warehouse that only a millionaire could afford- same with the heavy equipment in there, I am sure. So the heavy equipment isn't the eye sore, although the warehouse is inappropriate for a forest landscape. What is really an eyesore is that this dude who believes men were given dominion over the earth, and that the dominion will one day reach the level of giving them the freedom to create a paradise on earth, has an over grown mess of sweet peas and black berries and fallen branches and un-raked leaves piling up everywhere. I guess he can't start cleaning up his yard until God kills off all his neighbors. It all just reinforces my idea that the JWs are nothing more than a corporate land developing and construction company.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PONTOON:

Yes.. As I stated, only Retirees (because they are living off a pension) and schoolchildren (because their parents are still supporting them) should have been on the pioneer list.

Anybody else who had to work a decent job to support themselves and instead took the gamble and said ‘what the hell’ and pioneered/lived on the edge with crappy jobs for decades - is probably suffering this very day!

They fell for all the hype/Armageddon scare back then (encouraged in all likelihood by older JWs who were collecting pensions and who went to their graves after living a cushy life)…Whose fault is all this? It certainly isn’t mine. I was always the one who defiantly told younger pioneers privately they BETTER plan for their future!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Marbles- Your neighbor is a real piece of work. Like all the other self righteous Jw's I have encountered in my life. Reason #3 Why I'm no longer on. I'm not a pompous azz. Refuse to be grouped with them.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They call it the pioneer crawl around here

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I vacation pioneered once and hated every minute of it and witnessed the hypocrisy of counting time.

And still didn`t wake up

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

They call it the pioneer crawl around here

aka the pioneer stroll. Although in all fairness whenever i used to see groups of dubs out door knocking they always strolled along at the pace of the slowest

i dont remember ever meeting one that liked door knocking.

• wozza
    wozza

Pioneered many times and did observe this ritual in others ,but not into it myself coz I really bought into the bullshit and worked fulltime as well yuk

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Ya know, it is interesting how people say that pioneering was "a waste of time". I pioneered on & off for maybe two years total. I had a lot of fun (met my wife that way & now we are both out). I had some pretty good friends (that actually still speak to me to this day even though I am not a JW anymore). We would go out "early morning witnessing" with my buddies and drive around, shooting the breeze and striking up conversations, usually ending the morning with a breakfast burrito. I was never really an "organization man", so I viewed it as social time. But yeah, the door to door? That was slow death. I can see how people view that time as wasted. But, it is part of your journey! You wouldn't be the person you are today if you had not knocked on all those doors. It is common for people in their mid-years to think "man I wasted a lot of time on X". It isn't just for ex-JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit