Convention Videos: Someone messed up royally

by ILoveTTATT2 62 Replies latest jw friends

• RocketQueen
    RocketQueen

As I'm not a JW and never have been, what exactly is this video for/about? Is it supposed to show you what Paradise will be like? Is he a resurrected corpse at the end hugging his son?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I am struggling to see what the fuss is about here .

I imagine that almost 100% of JW's would think that all the scenes and actors in the vids are JWs and the footage is shot by JWs, but no quite a bit is bought in footage produced and acted by "worldly people".

The second rub here would be scenes depicted in paradise using worldly people and showing up the pathetic double standards of the watchtower in having her in clothing (fantastic as she looks btw) that would be deemed inappropriate for visiting bethel or for going on the ministry, and remember boys and girls you should always dress in a manner so as to be ready to give a fine witless (or some such drivel).

• Room 215
    Room 215

"I imagine that almost 100% of JW's would think that all the scenes and actors in the vids are JWs and the footage is shot by JWs, but no quite a bit is bought in footage produced and acted by "worldly people"."

That to me is the more damaging (ok, revealing! ) aspect of this video episode.....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have guessed it was a Watchtower video. It's hard to make out the point.

• atomant
    atomant

l hate to think how you people would react to a g string.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@ILoveTTATT2

Good eye! And yes there's some panty-ness showing through in my estimation.

And the WT used a look alike dressed in a similar dress with similar hair style standing in a field of similar coloration just to match the stock footage they purchased for their video.

Some WT video shop tech probably thought he made out finding the footage. It must have been worth the three seconds in time and filming budget, I guess.

You know, I doubt the GB even knows that they used stock footage on this climaxing video of the Convention.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Still women aren't allowed to wear trousers even when they're building houses, just those bloody long dresses. As far as I can see she doesn't play the violin either she hands it to a bloke so he can play. Get back to the kitchen woman.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think a few people here need a trip to the beach in Brighton. (UK) Just don't wear a suit, you'd feel overdressed!

George

• TheListener
    TheListener

nevermind

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It is not our viewpoint on it it is the watchtowers double standards over their own stated viewpoint that annoys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit