What authority have the GB got left to them?

by Half banana 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Who else teaches who Jesus really is, the Son of God, and how he gave himself as a ransom for mankind?

This is not unique to JWs.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Who else tells people the message that Jehovah plans to restore the earth to a paradise for obedient mankind?

This is a Watchtower teaching and is far from bible based, the very few texts JWs try to use to prove this false doctrine can be shot down with a pea shooter.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Who else tells the truth about what happens when you die?

Most people have learned to accept their own mortality, this Watchtower teaching again uses a few text to prove something that just is not part really part of the bible.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Dear slimboyfat I would like to suggest a new avatar for you:

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Half banana

I like the OP, I wonder how many lurkers will comment.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Only JWs proclaim all these truths around the world.

Again something that is not true, the Watchtower propaganda has JWs believing that they are preaching in all the earth, this is a preposterous lie, like many others from the Watchtower.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    DF...SBF was playing "devil's advocate"...but thanks for your answers anyway.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

Vanderhoven

If SBF was playing "devils advocate", then I apologize, it just was not that obvious.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Mr Acty person, you make a valid reason for denying the JW response summarised by SBF, that is; it is a selective list made to serve as a touchstone which appears to serve their own practices. The JW org is only interested in promoting its own selective point of view, it is never objective...after all that is what cults do.

However when attempting to get to the bottom of a problem (the legitimacy of the GB's authority) it is necessary to broaden out their claim to test the validity of their foundation material.

For this they are claiming to be the exclusive preachers of the invisible kingdom of God established in the heavens back in 1914. The fact is that there is no good reason to believe this. The scriptures in Daniel on which the date is based is a fraud (like much of the Bible), the date is calculated on wrong assumptions, Jesus said the kingdom would come in his day. The whole mixture of asumption, probability and lies is as nutty as a fruit-cake.

In other words anyone can make out that they are the chosen one to tell the world by using their own selection of words from the Bible.

Was a violin made to play only one tune?

So I'm suggesting that the authority for the WTBTS gb is invalid because:

A they have failed in their imagined divine mandate and reason for their existence: to proclaim Armageddon for the generation of 1914

B that the Bible on which they base their claims is being exposed as a dying superstition.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Get over yourselves. The org is going nowhere except into the future. The momentum they have established will easily weather another 100 years of storms thrown their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit