Jehovah's Witnesses keep "making God's name known".."...search warrant executed at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses"

by Balaamsass2 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I like to check Google news for "Jehovah" every month to see what's new..."

Man suspected of sexually assaulting a child, search warrant executed at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses near Woodland Park" "TELLER COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - A 60-year-old man is suspected of sexually assaulting a child in the Woodland Park area.

The Teller County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of Shawn Lance Swisher on Tuesday.

“A search warrant of Swisher’s residence was also completed at the time of his arrest,” part of a news release issued by the Teller County Sheriff’s Office reads. “The second search warrant was executed at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses near Woodland Park. Swisher is currently being held at the Teller County Detention Facility.”

As of Tuesday, the investigation was ongoing."

Smart move to get those judicial records at the Kingdom Hall ASAP. Perhaps they can catch some co-conspirators (Elders) obstructing justice...

And the hits keep coming. "By their fruits, you shall know them"....ah hem...

https://www.kktv.com/2022/12/20/man-suspected-sexually-assaulting-child-search-warrant-executed-kingdom-hall-jehovahs-witnesses-near-woodland-park/

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is the second time I have seen law enforcement executing a Search Warrant on a Kingdom Hall this year. 2 different Kingdom Halls in 2 different states. What I can also add is, in all my years, I have never seen a Search Warrant executed on any other religion except cases of extreme abuse in cult compounds.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2
    Truth be Known, I agree.

Someone was wise to the fact there would be written records by the Elders in the library's locked files.

I hope they implicate the Elders conspiring to obstruct justice and not report the child abuse to the police.

I wonder if the victim's family had contacted a law firm with knowledge of JW procedures. If there is a paper trail showing a failure to report to the police, or a pattern of previous or additional unreported cases, this could prove very embarrassing AND expensive for Watchtower and the local Elders...and possibly result in additional defendants and possibly arrests of Elders.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Elders need to get out of the line of fire ASAP. Step down or get removed. The legal walls are collapsing in on you. If they implicate elders, get out of eldership NOW!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Shred the fucking files!!! SHRED THE FUCKING FILES!!!!”

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Anything to avoid ''legal ramifications'', as always.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pshh, yeah, good luck with that. 😄

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    Next letter to the elders: we have found it wise for discreet elders to keep records of judicial committees they have participated in at their private residence (Matt 45:13, 1 Rev 1:24). This loving arrangement will make sure that elders don’t have to travel to the Kingdom Hall unnecessarily and respond quickly to any concerns in the congregation (Eph 12:45). We have prayerfully considered and in this loving arrangement, the elders should not disclose which elder retains a particular record. Note the legal department cannot give advice on and should not be contacted in regards the retention of these records.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

“Persecution Persecution “, no Dum Ass, its because you broke the law!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I was reading another thread about Ted Jaracz from 16-22 years ago. Some of the posters expressed concern that maybe the Watchtower was being treated unfairly. Fast forward to December 2022. I wonder if they still feel that way given the number of cases WTC has settled and/or lost in court where indisputable evidence was presented. How do they feel today knowing that over 24,000 molesters are listed in their 3 databases which are air-gapped at Patterson (according to a CO and corroborated by plaintif attorneys).

Do they also believe that Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein were railroaded? I don't care for false accusations either but children lying about these types of things is rarer than elephants in Alaska. WTC seems to think that pressuring R&F to disbelieve such accusations as the ravings of apostates is the way to go. However, as the past few years indicate, there are many conspiracy theories being proven that were initially debunked.

When it comes to the welfare of children, it is ALWAYS best to listen and investigate, rather than to dismiss as lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit