BORG?

by shamus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Here's a little Borg story where I tried to explain:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/9852/1.ashx

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Man this explains a lot!! I always thought it was taken from Borg-Warner, the company which makes gearboxes for cars. So I thought it referred to how the JW's elders always try to get you to do more witnessing, telling you to "slip it up a gear". And also how smoothly the organisation changes doctrine, like a Borg-warner gearbox.

Thanks for the clearer explanation!!! New Light!!!!

Pope

• shamus
    shamus

AAAAAAAAAAH!

Now I get it -

Thanks, guys!

Nice piccy's, everyone.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

alt

I would assimilate into this Borg, anytime.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at Ballistic's original borg post. Now that was funny !

Good explanations everyone. We have to remember, that many who come here, have never watched Star Trek, and never will, have no idea of our board slang.

It would be kind nice to have a section where newbies could go to learn the lingo. Perhaps Simon can assign that task to one of the board monitors. You know, share the workload. Something different to do instead of going around and messing up our threads with deleted and locked !

• Francois
    Francois

Would someone please explain to me what that thing is on the pope's head in the avatar for PopeOfEruke? Is that a real hat, or is something fishy going on here? Please, I'm dying of curiosity here about that particular "funny hat" on the pope.

Many thanks,
    francois

• borgfree
    borgfree

I think it was originally "B"rooklyn "ORG"anization with the Star Trek Borg meaning.

Borgfree

• OGT92
    OGT92

Englishman - Man......that was funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit