Pondering my mortality

by wednesday 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wednesday
    wednesday

I just saw my doc today b/c i have had overwhelming fatigue and shortness of breath this week. She thinks i either have congestive heart failure,or a blood clot has formed after my recent surgery, or both.

While i was there the office ast. did an EKG and i wasn't paying a lot of attention to how she did it. the first EKG came back that i had a heart block wijth prevous heart attack. Well i just had surgery less than a month ago, and the EKG was fine then . So i had them do it over, and a different tech did it, and the doc checked to see if the placements were right,and this time it was ok. Wow, nearly gave me a heart attack just thinking about it. I thought my life was over.

Funny what u think about when u think u might die. My first thought was "well jehovah, is this how it ends?"Next i thought, odd my mom died less than 6 months ago, and now me.

I am not out of the woods. they are going to to an echo with doppler to legs monday. Then probably a CAT to lungs. She feels sure i do have congestive heart failure. We will have to treat it. Hopefully i do not have a clot. She told me between now and monday, if i have severe shortness of breath and chest pain, to go to the ER.Clots are scary, alot of people have died as resut of them. usually u just drop over. No warning.

and i thought i was unbreakable.

pondering my mortality.

• shamus
    shamus

Hi Wednesday,

Sorry to hear about your health problems. And, nice to meet you at the same time!

My step-mother has congenitive heart failure, and has been living quite comftrobly (spelling) for years. True, it is serious, you are still alive, and will be for quite a long time yet. My advice? Don't worry too much, and accept whatever the outcome is. Your worry cannot change the prognosis, and, in all actuality, will make your prognosis worse.

You are not going bye-bye anytime soon. Trust me!

I know that its easy to type up these words over the internet, especially since I haven't had what you have. I just hope that you are ok, and not worrying too much.

Take care.

Bri.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Wednesday,

I agree with Shamus... There are two people I know who had your symptoms a few years ago, and they came through it just fine. One had to have stents put in. The important thing is to make sure you keep getting treated and checked..... just don't worry, live your life.

I guess we all ponder mortality, some more than others for various reasons. I've come to the conclusion that whatever is in store ahead has been designed by a most awesome Creator who gave us this wonderous world... so relax - you, me and everyone are all part of a plan.

Double Edge

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Dear wednesday,

I was Dxd w/ CHF years ago and put on Lanoxicaps and Cozaar among other things. I was on the meds for about a year and they took me off and have had no further problems. The medication for CHF today is very good and reliable. Good Luck.

Ravyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Wednesday)))))

What dreadful news. I am hoping the best for you. Let us know what you find out. Take care of yourself!

Love,

Robyn

• wednesday
    wednesday

ravyn, good to hear i might be able to eventually get off meds.

this is all so new and scary.

I keep thinking about the movie "unbreakable" with bruce willis. We were all so sure we would be in paradise, and never die. What a terrible lie.

sorry i'm still in shock

• rocketman
    rocketman

Wednesday, I am so sorry to hear about this report from your doctor. Perhpas they will be able to treat the condition with Lasix or some other medication(s). MY mom had congestive heart failure a few yrs back while in the hospital, but she is still alive today and doing well as far as that goes. Hopefully, the doc will be able to treat you.

You're right - none of us ever thought we'd have to even think about mortality.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    sorry i'm still in shock

(((wednesday)))

This must have all been very depressing for you wednesday. Yes we are fragile but also endurable, a lot of people have given up hope for themselves and then lived on and on. Our bodies are remarkable at carrying us through illnesses like these.

Take care and let us know how thngs go

Brummie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Wednesday))))) I am SO sorry you're having this on top of your painful surgery to deal with (not to mention your underwhelming Memorial experience). You're getting good advice from people who have been where you are right now, so don't panic. And please post often to let us know how you are or we'll send a posse out after you.

Nina

• gumby
    gumby

So sorry for your sucky health gal......it makes life tougher as you well know.

We'll be waiting for mondays results. Keep smiling......it makes you feel better.

(((((((((wenesday)))))))))

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit