Ladies

by sandy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

Have you ever not liked another women/girl out of pure jealousy?

I have. In fact I have that problem right now. One of my co-workers seems like a really nice girl. She is very friendly and for some reason I just do not like her. I am not rude or mean to her I just don't like her. I know if I took the opportunity to get to know her I would probably like her but I am so jealous I don't even care to.

It's not that she is an overly attractive girl, body or face wise. She is cute with an ok body. I guess I am just jealous of her personality. Everybody loves her.

Anyways just thought I would get that off my chest since you are all strangers. I guess my therapy hasn't paid off yet. LOL

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Has she tried to get to know you yet? If she hasn't, that might be what's bothering you.. is that she's nice to everybody but you. (shrug) as for me, I'd say your solution is to get to know her. Or to try to take the good from her personality and try it out for yourself ^_^ if you're not already like that.

• sandy
    sandy

No we do not know each other. We say hi in passing. I shouldn't dislike her. I know it is silly. Sometimes I can be a insecure B**ch!

You are right I should try to get to know her. That would probably make me feel better. Then I probab;y wouldn't roll my eyes whenever I see her. j/k LOL

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sandy: How unfair I've had people (read women) judge me like that my whole life. Just because one may look happy and carfree doesn't mean that one is. I have a great personality everyone loves it smoke and mirrors smoke and mirrors....Give the girl a chance jealousy is a horrible thing and you would feel better about yourself if you weren't.

• larc
    larc

Sandy,

I just want to tell you that I like you a whole lot more than I like her. You are a keeper, and she is not, believe me.

Also, I am glad you could get this off your chest, because anytime you want to get something off your chest (especially your blouse), you can come to my house, only, of course, if my wife is not home.

I hope I cheered you up.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    You are a keeper, and she is not, believe me.

Wow larc you know her co-worker too! Small world!

• sandy
    sandy

LOL you are all funny. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that. It really doesn't bother me that much.

I will give her a chance she does seem really nice and cool.

Thanks for the feedback.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Sandy...you were being honest...no need to feel sorry or feel like you need to "take back" something you said. I think everyone gets pangs of jealousy from time to time, no matter what gender it is.

The important thing is, in my mind, is that you recognize this in yourself and you can do something about it if you choose to.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Sandy, admitting that your dislike of her is based on jealousy is a good first step. I used to work with a woman who really hated me! I'm really not all that great looking and I used to be quite a bit overweight so it wasn't that she was jealous of my looks. The problem was that I am comfortable in my own skin and confident in myself and my abilities. She was terribly insecure about everything and she was very unhappy. I made a very sincere effort to become her friend and it paid off. Even though we no longer work together she and I still email back and forth. She's become a pretty good friend. Please take the time to get to know her and you will probably find that you like her. Take care! ~Aztec

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    Have you ever not liked another women/girl out of pure jealousy?

I have. In fact I have that problem right now. One of my co-workers seems like a really nice girl. She is very friendly and for some reason I just do not like her. I am not rude or mean to her I just don't like her. I know if I took the opportunity to get to know her I would probably like her but I am so jealous I don't even care to.

In all honesty, this is why I dislike working with other women. They never get along, always jealous of one another, bickering and fighting over stupid things, gossiping etc.etc. Where I work now there are only two women in the office, the girl who answers the phones, and me. All my co-workers are males. Its nice.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that all women are like this. Just the ones I have worked with in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit