Jehovah and Pleiades

by James Brown 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Bandicoot, I whole-hearted agree; amazing how many jws went along with this bs back then.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, that’s right up there with teleporting the dinosaurs to Venus.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Here's the proof in print from the Reconciliation book.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"For this reason the suggestion has been made that the Pleiades may represent the residence of Jehovah..."

Hmmm. I wonder who made the suggestion? It sounds like Russell wanted to lend some weight to his crackpot theories, hence the use of the passive voice to infer that others have made this suggestion. I don't blame him; the leap he makes from the discoveries of his day to determining that the Pleiades is Jehovah's home is one that the most capable athlete would back away from.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Old Light: Jehovah is from Pleiades.

New Light: The Governing Body is from Uranus.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Was this Russells idea or Rutherfords? Russell died in 1916 Oct 31 I believe

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I've got a feeling that it was Rutherford trying his hand at spinning weird crap, Russell style (cf. pyramids and such), before he went full CEO mode.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

JWs have always followed what seemed like was popular at the time, whether it was Pyramidology which was popular towards the end of the 19th century, the early 20th century was beset with cosmology after Einstein and Hubble’s theory, in the 60s and 70s it was the end of days from cosmic/Mother Earth origins (that’s where JW depictions of Armageddon started getting meteors and cracked open earth) after many Hippie cults, in the 80s and 90s it was the end of day due to nuclear (remember those Awake with nuclear bomb explosions on the cover), then in the early 2000s it was technological progress which morphed into environmentalism. They’re just following pop culture and are always proven wrong, within a few decades the posts on here will all be about how they followed the COVID and Environmental cults, it’s just a thing to appeal to the masses that ties their death cult into the popular causes of what could bring about fear and death, as if a god needed human imagination to kill billions of people.

• arwen
    arwen

Thanks so much Blondie ❤️

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I marvlel at the absurd ideas WTC has floated, and I am simply amazed at how they pull heir head out of their a_s _s and never acknowledge that it was recently there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit