Jehovah and Pleiades

by James Brown 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

Does anyone remember seeing old Watchtowers in their kingdom hall library before they destroyed them all, Of the Watchtower annoucing Jehovah from Pleiades kingdom. I am 72 years old and I remeber seeing these old magazines somewhere.

• Ding
    Ding

I remember that. I don't have any old literature which contains it.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Ding, That is good to hear. I am looking for any evidence, I can find. The watchtower would want to destroy any evidence of such a claim. If Jehovah came from Pleiades it would support that Jehovah was an alien astronaut. Very much like the man he was depicted as in the garden of Eden looking for Adam and Eve.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Some quotes and references here:

Regards

Ron

Jehovah’s Throne in the Pleiades?

https://www.makesureministries.com/jehovahs-throne-in-the-pleiades/

Wt 1915

The Watchtower, June 15, p. 185

• James Brown
    James Brown

Thank you, Ron. I am copying this and putting it in my files.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Yes I remember it, that was where the throne of Jehovah was supposed to be- I was told that by my mother in law

• blondie
    blondie

SPACE TRAVEL *** Watchtower Nov 1 1920 pg 334 *** "Someone asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then ." *** Reconciliation pg 14 *** "the Pleiades [constellation] is the place of the eternal throne of God."

And if we go back to the date which the Pyramid [‘The Great Pyramid of Jeezeh’ in Egypt (found just prior to the title page in the book cited) which this writer understands is the great pyramid at Giza just outside of Cairo] gives itself, and look for what that finger pointed to at midnight, we find a far sublimer indication. Science has at last discovered that the sun is not a dead center, with planets wheeling about it, but itself stationary. It is now ascertained that the sun also is in motion, carrying with it its splendid retinue of comets, planets, its satellites and theirs, around some other and vastly mightier center. Astronomers are not yet fully agreed as to what or where that center is. Some, however, believe that they have found the directon [sic] of it to be the Pleiades, and particularly Alcyone, the central one of the renowned Pleiadic stars. To the distinguished German astronomer, Prof. J. H. Maedler, belongs the honor of having made this discovery. Alcyone, then, as far as science has been able to perceive, would seem to be ‘the midnight throne’ in which the whole system of gravitation has its central seat, and from which the Almighty governs his universe. (more in the link below)

Thy Kingdom Come, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. III, 1891 (first edition), Chapter X, p. 327 [archive.org] (Bold is as in found copied quote; Make Sure Ministries’ library has the 400,000 edition, 1907, copyright 1891 with this exact quote; photocopies upon request)

https://www.makesureministries.com/jehovahs-throne-in-the-pleiades/

More

ehovah lives in Pleiades star cluster galaxy...Star Trek anyone?

1927 "The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

1928 "The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

1928 "The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

Place where WTS changes viewpoint on Pleiades (which implies they once did believe)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200026081/0/1

Sorry no PDFS but at least these quotes can guide a person to a copy

https://web.archive.org/web/20060818161607/http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/god_s_throne_-_pleiades.html

• James Brown
    James Brown

Thank you Blondie.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Well.., now I have heard everything. This is just bullshit on steroids.

RB

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Well that answers the question I asked on another thread about whether or not the whole Alcyone thing had any biblical weight. Apart from being the main star in the Pleiades (which are mentioned) it's a projection from astronomy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit