Please I have a question about GNLD INT'L COMPANY

by COLLINS 16 Replies latest jw friends

• COLLINS
    COLLINS
    Please I want to read about experiences of those in this forum regarding those who have worked with GOLDEN NEO LIFE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY (GNLD). I was searching for job and a man saw me and asked me whether I can do a job that would take me from two years to five years. So I said yes to him; and he took me to a company called GNLD. I am a novice about this business but I know a little detail about this business. The founder of NEO LIFE is JERRY BRASSFIELD. He founded the company in California, U.S.A in the year 1958. When I got to the company they told me to pay a certain amount of money to register and collect my literature kits. I have started paying little by little but I have not completed my payment. I know a little bit of their marketing plan. I have researched online, but I am not satisfied. Any experiences, whether good or bad, will be appreciated.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Never heard of them, ....... but never pay for a job EVER!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s Multi Level Marketing..

Which means you need to recruit people..

To sell other people on recruiting more people..

Selling the Actual Product is a Sideline Business..

Image result for GOLDEN NEO LIFE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY reviews

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Its a Multilevel Marketing company - My wife joined about 25 years ago but never made any real money - It runs on a model that does resemble the JW model of recruiting ! You join - usually via a presentation session after having been talked into going by a "recruiter' - and then you buy product and follow a very refined model of marketing the GNLD way ......"tried and tested" - building your Network by means of "first calls" and "return visits" and lots of use of your resources ! As in JW land you end up with a lot of "product" that you own [like Mags building up on the shelf] If you apply yourself ......"pioneering spirit" you can succeed in building your Downline but as with MLM systems there is that finite critical crossing point !

Many JW buy into MLM's because it ..... will allow you to spend more time in the preaching work wont it! And so when you have several JW in a congo doing MLM eg Amway/ Herbalife or GNLD you are all trying to recruit your nearest contact base eg relatives and congo members and it all gets very messy! There is only so much product that anyone in the congo can purchase !

And the founder was always a someone who had this "enlightening moment in life" - Like Jerry Brassfield of GNLD - rather like members of charismatic groups who have that big meeting moment with Christ -

Herewith a direct quote from the NEOLIFE Homepage - it reads like a Charismatics testimony:

As a young boy, Jerry Brassfield suffered from severe asthma and allergies. Determined to find relief for her sick son, Jerry's mother began adding quality nutritional products to his daily diet. It was then that he discovered the profound impact quality supplements could play in helping restore good health.

Because of his passion for helping others, Jerry began sharing his powerful testimony with those around him and realized most people were in need of a solution to a lack of good nutrition. Sharing the products and working with others to set and achieve both health and financial goals turned out to be a financially rewarding home based business.

His belief in the products and desire to change lives is what paved the way for Jerry to turn his small network marketing business into a global, multi-million dollar company.

So look into it very very carefully ! You may be paying out a lot of money for products [which probably have value - eg they have to pass FDA criteria ] butĀ if you looked at the individual ingredients etc in the products you will find you can get similar elsewhere at much cheaper prices .

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    my scamdar just went off
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Very few people ever make money in multi level marketing. It's heavily stacked to favor the first people to join. If you are a real top-notch sales person, a real go getter and don't mind hitting up your friends and family for business and leads you might make some money, but the reality is the vast majority of people in MLM make less than $300 a month.

My feeling is why should I buy soap (or vitamins, or whatever) that has been marked up enough to pay for lavish sales commissions, vacations or fancy cars for the people at the top? They may be good products, but they are never special enough to justify the inflated costs no matter how much they have been hyped. And many of them use the same recruiting tactics as a cult. My ex husband used to join every MLM scheme that came down the pike, he had dreams of getting rich with little work, but he never made any money at any of them.

Your friend who is telling you that it's a good deal is making money off your purchase of the sales material, so can you really count on him to tell you the truth? Will he tell you how much the average rep makes (not just the lucky who do extremely well)?

They are very little better than pure pyramid schemes in my book. All pyramid schemes make money for a few peoole who jump in at the beginning, but they are all doomed to fail because there are only so many people dumb enough to invest in pyramid schemes and even if every person invested in them they would still eventually fail because there are a finite number of people in the world.

• dozy
    dozy

Yeah - MLM. Avoid it like the plague. Just seen so many JWs fall for these kind of scams because I guess they kind of mirror the Watchtower structure & many JWs are rather naive , vulnerable and idealistic.

One of my earliest JW associated memories was the Shaklee pyramid scheme in the early / mid 70's that bolted onto the "Stay Alive till 75" frenzy - half our congregation got caught up ( including my parents ) and I recall sales meetings that open & closed with prayer - Shaklee leadership ( who made millions ) sold it as encouraging pioneering , serving where the need was greater etc. Eventually it all fizzled out when cheques started bouncing. We had a garage filled with the goods for years that we couldn't sell - eventually my father hired a skip and it all got chucked out - doubtless polluting some landfill site to this day! The pattern just continues over the decades - I guess there is a sucker born every minute.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

I avoided using the term Pyramid Scheme but as LisaRose says - it pretty much is !

If you take a sheet of paper and do the basic math of how the concept is supposed to work - by the time you reach only a few levels in your "downline" you will have signed up millions of people ! But ........not in reality !

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Cut your losses, get out while you can.
  • zeb
    zeb
    it sounds like a few schemes that a jw got themselves into as (a) they had not planned for old age (b) they would then "have the time to pioneer".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit