Oh God(s)!

by tepidpoultry 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• azor
    azor

I'm a 6. 7 goes beyond where most scientists are including Dawkins. It puts you in the positive strong atheist claim that there is definitely no god(s), and the burden now lies on you to prove that case.

For a more thorough examination of the subject check out Matt Dillahuntys YouTube channel.

• schnell
    schnell
    It puts you in the positive strong atheist claim that there is definitely no god(s), and the burden now lies on you to prove that case.

And plenty of information is available to make that case. What deism remains is left to the human imagination in response to the evidence that there is no god.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The evidence of a god so far has been drawn out of human imagination and ignorance expressed only though hearsay, so therefore I am a 7

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

THE MANISCHEWITZ SCALE: A Jewish Take on That Whole God Thing

1. STRONG THEIST--I do not question the existence of God; the existence of my mother-in-law, now that's another story.

2. DE FACTO THEIST--I cannot know for certain, but I think that refers to the Italian Catholic family that lives down the street.

3. WEAK THEIST--I am very uncertain about the existence of God; I also cannot do even one pull-up.

4. PURE AGNOSTIC--God's existence and non-existence are non-kosher non-sequitur existentialist nomemclature...and I am sure I don't know what most of those words even mean!

5. WEAK ATHEIST--I am very uncertain, which is why I was only an atheist for seven days.

6. DE FACTO ATHEIST--See point number two, only this time it describes the Italians on the street next to ours that stopped going to church.

7. STRONG ATHEIST--I am 100% sure there is no God, I swear to God.

8. A JEW--A Jewish boy goes up to a rabbi and says: "Rabbi, my parents say I must, but I don't think I should have to go to temple or say prayers anymore since I don't believe in God." To which the rabbi replied: "What does that have to do with anything?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

#7 for me.

Everything had (in our limited understanding) a beginning. Life from lifelessness had to be. No need for a god.

None of the gods of man's creation exist. I have a slight belief that there may be evolved beings beyond human beings that would seem godlike to us, but in a Star Trek kind of way. I am extremely confident that were there any such beings, they have never visited Earth. Even if I am wrong and they visited and actually started out our primordial soup, they started out themselves from lifelessness and are not gods. But I really only put that up as a tiny slight silly notion of a possibility.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

David

That's going up on Facebook!

Lol

:0)

PS I left you something on the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" OP

• azor
    azor

Schell good luck with that one, and by the way no there isn't. You are treading on dogmatism with that viewpoint.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

If there are super intelligent entities that live in a timeless world and have computer generated us into believing we are alive ....well

Oh what the heck! Put me down as 7:11

And a shot of Rye!!!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I find it interesting that I was only able to detect 1 lady comment

so far and she was a 1 Strong Theist (the only one)

Maybe I'll create a new OP on this phenomenon at a later time

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit