August 31, 2017 BOE Re: Procedure for Handling Certain Cases of Wrongdoing

by wifibandit 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Davis
    John Davis

It is nothing new for those that are classified as Bethelietes. it has always been the procedure that if you are a betheliete your judicial committee might be bethelietes. Normally it would be a brother from Service, your table head and then another elder in bethel. If you are a missionary it would be the same thing except with the home overseer of the missionary home.

It is because Bethel considers those in the Religious Order of Special Full Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses as being a family and that the discipline would be conducted within the family. Now construction volunteers fall within that order now.

And the letter did not say that all of those cases would be handled directly by elders in bethel but that they will choose if they are to take the case directly or let the local body of elders handle it. Also, it is important for those who are remote, that if the person is reproved or the body may choose that the investigative committee doesn't have sufficient evidence to continue, bethel may want to revoke their assignment and revoke access to their systems.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Reading these kind of letters gives me the creeps! Is it just me?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Spiral it's like it is written by someone in the secret HQ bunker of a creepy cult whose overriding interest is to seek out and destroy the enemy within..........

• Spiral
    Spiral

@Half banana Yes, like a cheap creepy sci fi movie!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You seem to know an awful lot about bethel procedure JD - well aren't you special.

• millie210
    millie210

I wonder if this letter has anything to do with all the Bethelites that got released back in to the wild (local congregations) in the cut backs up at headquarters?

Maybe some of them are making waves to the point there needs to be a specific protocol?

• John Davis
    John Davis

The letter is for those who are active in a form of special full-time service. It could also be that before the last few years it was rare for a remote worker and construction volunteers did not fall under the same classification.

• KrautRold
    KrautRold

@dozy is right.

Notice it says offence and not sin etc, and the area that this falls under is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_liability where as far as common law is concerned the Watchtower and BT Sociciety would be considered by any reasonable court and certainly by any section 73 court liable for the actions of anyone of these "special" people.

I remember just over a year ago chatting to someone in the service department and asking them "don't you know what it means that they are special" to which there was stunned silence. Maybe the tools have learned?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's called "Damage Control"

The Big Boys at Bethel don't want the local Elders to bungle anything or let it be known that special "privileges" were given to such imperfect individuals , before they've had a chance to put their own spin on it or sweep it under the carpet.

• flipper
    flipper

Yeah, I agree with Pete . This is definitely " let's cover our WT legal ass " at work here. WT Society is having great difficulty in putting out all their legal " fires " right now , especially regarding child abuse cases around the world - so they do not trust local elders to handle the elite , creepy guys that the WT Society appoints and if they commit crimes like child abuse - WT leaders want first chance at preventing any incriminating evidence from hitting the media, courts, police authorities, or god forbid " worldly " attorneys.

The pace is quickening where WT Society's legal balls are getting clamped down in a vise - so they are using tactics to avoid more clamping- before they start bleeding out more publicly in news media drawing attention to just how evil and demented the leaders of their organization are. I say " let them bleed " . Evil bastards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit