What is the biggest doctrinal mistake made by the Watchtower /JWorg. ?

by Finkelstein 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    What is the biggest doctrinal mistake made by the Watchtower/JW.org?

Just one mistake you're asking for ?

• Simon
    Simon

There is a god <- all religions seem to get this basic belief wrong

edited to add: iwantoutnow beat me to it on page 2

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Or maybe its there is a god and he choose us (me) as his earthly chosen people.

Therefore I have assumed his power and dominion over everyone else.

Probably the biggest folly mankind has ever taken is believing in supernatural beings (spirits) which indefensibly originated from human ignorance and human imagination.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The bible is the biggest doctrinal mistake...so is the quran....and the....(insert religious book or belief that there's a magical man in the sky, here).

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I.B.S.A ./ JW / JW.Org. That they ever got started in the first place tying themselves to the end times of the Bible and claiming we were living in the last days of this generation.

• zeb
    zeb

Biggest mistake.?

Having the utter arrogance to assume that they know it all.

• blondie
    blondie

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php

I can't find the quote right now, but the WTS has gotten to the point that even if something they say seems to be unscriptural, to obey anyway, until the WTS gets to the same page.

I know the "wait on Jehovah" stance, but this is more specific. The link above is lengthy, but I found it educational in laying out the many ways the WTS has to control its members.

Like the WESAYSO corporation of a sadly cancelled tv show of long ago.

This quote perhaps:

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013846?q=strategic&p=sen

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/favourite-quotes.php

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good points there Zeb and Blondie

That quote from the WTS is a tell tale of the GB members knowing the organization has been preaching false doctrines but still trying to keep power and control over people is their wanting endeavor, share in are sins is more important to anyone striving to reach a state of pure righteousness according to the words and teachings of Jesus Christ.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think shunning is the biggest teaching mistake: unloving, unnecessary, and will ultimately be their undoing, if they don’t abandon it.

The generation teaching has been a huge liability for two or three decades now, but we shouldn’t forget that it was also huge motivation for people to join JWs and preach the JW message from the 1940s through to the 1980s when millions were baptised as JWs.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Anna Marina - "...ever considered that that clay tablets could be faked by poor people digging in Babylon and getting paid good money by some wealthy Europeans?"

No, actually, for a couple reasons...

1) ...I have a hard time imagining "poor people digging in Babylon" actually having the necessary education and skill to make fake clay tablets capable of fooling actual experts, and...

2) ...fakes that actually reinforced fundamentalist Christian dogma (like creationism, for example) would make a shit-ton more money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit