What would happen to the Watchtower Org. if the recent UFO sightings were actually aliens ready to take over Earth

by pistolpete 21 Replies latest social current

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The past two weeks several UFO sightings.

Navy and Pentagon confirm sightings.

US military is worried because the technology being used to drive these air vehicles are showing no signs of any sort of jet fuel. They also have been hovering where the secret location of US nuclear sites are located. And no one is supposed to know where those sites are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OTaxiBE-TQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzHho96l2kM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIop5g5JM0

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Pyramid shaped. LOL

They might have to dust off Chuck Russell's old books for this one.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If God Himself spoke out of heaven and condemned the organization specifically the organization would still exist. People are gonna justify and believe what they wanna believe.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Project Blue Beam will be fake, just like the cry of 'peace and security' will be.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even as a very young guy, I'd realized that full-on First Contact (hostile or friendly) would be a crippling blow to the WTS... I didn't really know why, I'd just grasped it intuitively.

As I got older, I realized that the possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial biological life simply isn't compatible with a fundamentalist/evangelical worldview... including the JW version (and this was confirmed for me decades later*).

It's one of the main reasons the gradual rising tide of UFO sightings in recent decades (that respected public officials are acknowledging, I might add) interests me.

*A few years back, there was a university research paper published (please note: I have never been able to find it since, but I swear I read it) regarding Americans' overall potential belief in the supernatural... and had included ghosts, hauntings, angels, demons... and aliens (there was more, but for all intents and purposes, those were the big five).

The researchers discovered a funny trend in the data; namely, that many of the individuals surveyed accepted the first four, but not the fifth... which they thought was weird, and scratched their heads. After all, paranormal phenomena was paranormal phenomena, right?

The trend was significant enough to throw off their projections, so they did some further digging... and found that virtually every single one who'd accepted ghosts, hauntings, angels, and demons - but specifically rejected the possibility of ETs - were Evangelical Christians.

So they dug into the fundamentalist/evangelical belief system to figure out why, and quickly realized that - short version - quite a numbers of particulars inherent in a literalist Biblical worldview just didn't really allow for the possibility of extraterrestrials.

This was effectively confirmed for me recently as I was reading a book containing UFO-related testimonials, and came across a blink-and-you'd-miss-it moment wherein an Air Force flight controller had tremendous difficulty reporting his own UFO sighting specifically because, as he said, his religion didn't allow him to believe in aliens.

Seriously.

EDIT: It makes me really wonder just how many of the government officials who'd specifically derided Project Blue Book back in the day were devout Evangelicals.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I find it revealing that only Abrahamic religions (Judeo-Christian-Islamic) are threatened by the existence of life on other planets.

• LoveUniHateExams
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Vidiot

So they dug into the fundamentalist/evangelical belief system to figure out why, and quickly realized that - short version - quite a numbers of particulars inherent in a literalist Biblical worldview just didn't really allow for the possibility of extraterrestrials.

Literalist Biblical Believers don't allow for the possibility of extraterrestrials because of the implications that it carries.

When the movie Prometheus came out, Evangelicals went Crazy. They attributed the movie to Satan because it destroyed belief in the heavenly reward. Same with JWs. It destroys the promise by Jehovah that he gives everlasting life.

In the movie, David- the AI Robot asked the question to a human;

"Why did you think your people made me?"

The answer by the human was; "BECAUSE WE COULD"

David the AI replied;

"Could you imagine how disappointed it would be for you to hear the same thing from you Creators!"

The implications being that humans were created by other mortal beings in the Universe with no purpose in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRa_xmJ4zXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNm2AvrkE4w

• Overrated
    Overrated

The GB would shit on themselves when UFO'S arrive. They will not know what to do.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

They would probably try to start a bible study and place some literature with the aliens.

They would tell the aliens that if they didn't convert and become loyal to the Watchtower Corporation/JWorg. that Jah would soon destroy them turning them into fried and burnt wieners .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit