Clap for the Carers (or Don't it's Forbidden)

by Slidin Fast 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So, in the UK, during the early stages of Covid there was a groundswell of appreciation for the NHS for their front-line sacrifice. This was crystallised into a regular clapping/whistling/noise making session every Thursday at 8pm.

"Harmless" you would have thought, "a gesture of appreciation", "what could possibly be wrong with joining in on that innocent activity?"

Well, the CO during his recent rounds had a different view. During his talk to elders and MS's he said "do we realise that amongst the carers we clapped for there are members off the armed forces, even (shock, horror) ministers of religion".

So, should it reoccur, a clap for the carers is not for true christians. Those of us who did it should be ashamed of ourselves.

Don't forget almost everything said by the CS now is scripted. This must have come down the line.

• Ding
    Ding

Think of all the carers who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Oh, wait.

They are strongly encouraged to forego the necessary "worldly" education so they can spend all their waking hours doing something really important -- pioneering for the borg.

• LV101
    LV101

That loser CO (and his puppet masters) are just trying to undermine the dedicated, educated, professionals, of society. They know they're a cult of charlatans at the top echelon and can't stand ethics and integrity of others. They have to divert any/all attention back to themselves and judge everything and everyone doing good. WT cult represents the misfits of society.

That CO sod should be ashamed of himself. Many JWs work in hospitals - oh, that's right, the JW cult prefers their adherents collect off the social/welfare system and spend every minute recruiting others for their bank account and free lifestyle.

• LV101
    LV101

Any way we can email this CO and his charlatan masters!!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

The horror. The horror.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Haven't you heard? All praise and glory belong to the Governing Body. Anyone/anything else is Idolotry.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

You're not supposed to say that, we're all supposed to know it and leave it unsaid :P

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

I applaud those who cared for my father in the last few weeks of his life (who was led to believe that he would never grow old in this system).

I also applaud those who cared for my sister who lost her two year battle with cancer a few weeks ago.

I also applaud those who cared for my mother who also passed away a few weeks ago of a broken heart at the lost of her husband and daughter.

What a heartless, thoughtless word's spoken by this co for those who suffered and are suffering and are being cared by these selfless caring people,these are special people deserve all the gratitude and recognition for what they do.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The WT says 'don't clap'.

Outside in the real world, most UK citizens are under pressure to clap Our Amazing NHS. That's right, clap the NHS whilst people are dying of cancer, stroke, heart attacks and other diseases because everyone's focused solely on COVID.

If people wanna clap, let them clap. If they don't wanna, then don't clap. It's no biggie.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Another sign its a cult. there is never any room for appreciation of anything other then the cult itself. They are a CULT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit