Just popped my voting cherry.

by scotsman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

It's the local council and parliamentary elections in Scotland today and I've voted for the first time. The rain and voter apathy look harder to overcome than Witness indoctrination as up to now the turn out seems low.

Strangely, my JW family, despite their neutrality, are all keenly interested in how I vote. I wonder if they could be persuaded to break the taboo.

• Matty
    Matty

Well done scotsman! I know it sounds silly, but I'd like to vote today, but I feel a bit scared to go into a polling station since I've never been in one before and I'm worried that I might get spotted by my JW friends. Stoopid huh!

• scotsman
    scotsman

Not stupid really.

My polling station was a church so I risk being in trouble for false worship or political bias! You could always tell your friends that you were suggesting voters vote for the Kingdom!

• glitter
    glitter

Me too!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well we all need to know...was it good for you?

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL @ obi!

scotsman,

Felt great, didn't it?

out (who voted for the first time in 20 yrs last November)

• scotsman
    scotsman

It was good, but maybe a post voting cigarette would have made it better.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Scotsman: thumbs up to ya!

I know, isn't it great when you realize you actually have a say (to some degree) in what goes on in your local jurisdiction, community, county, riding and country?

It's so liberating.

I voted first time in my life, probably about 20 years ago. It was spring 1984.

The person I voted for: won.

I've voted in every civic/provincial/federal election ever since.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I have voted twice so far...aint it great!

I can now proudly say..don't blame me, I didnt vote for that bastard! when things go wrong

• Hamas
    Hamas

I would vote also, but there is nobody to vote for.

Tony Blair is finished at home and in europe, with europe even setting up a secret 'NATO' behind his back, therefore stabbing him in the back just as he stabbed them in the back over Iraq.

Iain Duncan Smith is just plain useless, I don't think HE even knows what he is doing.

Charles Kennedy is just a Jock that spends half his time sitting on the fence with a bottle of whiskey.

Then you also have the smaller groups, such as the BNP who are a complete waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit