Reason why fancy dress up parties were totally band!

by Witness 007 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We had a fancy dress up party in our congregation. Elders special pioneers and many others came, though some came as cowboys and pirates with guns and swords which was not in line with the Watchtowers "beat your swords into plough sheers." Some sisters were belly dancers....yes they exposed their stomachs.....shock horror! Then one pioneer brother dressed as a female ballet dancer with heavy make up and all. This was the last straw. At the meeting it was announced by an Elder who attended dressed as a King that due to these few incidents it was now banned. Shame it was the best time we have ever had. I still have the pics.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I would go dressed normally and say I was an apostate.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

For some reason pirates and cross-dressing always seems to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Ironically, the problem with pirates has been stated as "the are known rapists." You mean like countless Witnesses you shield from local authorities?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In our area (midwest US) there was a crackdown around 1995-2000 or so against all large parties. The 'open invitation' that had been the practice for years seemed to break down. There was a large party here that drew people from 500+ miles away; mostly young guys cruising for chicks, from what I heard. Nobody had any idea who they were. A few bad events like that and they just shut them all down.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Mickbob I would go dressed normally and say I was an apostate.

......with a school tie wrapped around my forehead and carrying a moderately sized stickπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ FTFY

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Having lose harmless fun is frowned upon in JW cult land, it was always an oppressive religion, orchestrated by overly empowered elders, it still is.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I remember a party I went to where someone dressed up as a bible character, Satan. He wore horns, a tail the lot.

It went down very well, caused a lot of laughs.

A few weeks later the CS talked about it at a CA. We were the worst cases of depravity he ever encountered. Most of us were pioneers. I should have got the message then. It would have saved so much grief.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about incidents that happen during field circus? Maybe they should ban field circus? And this includes incidents involving children, sexual or not (including one where I have seen them dragged out in field circus all week during school vacation, and given spankings for simply playing). I am sure that sexual incidents of various types, whether or not children are involved, gay or not, have happened during field circus--why don't they ban that?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I wonder if that Midwest US party was in Souther Illinois? IL6 and Especially IL7.

Oh the fallout from that one was widespread. I was not yet an elder, but was deep with circuit heavies in the region, so heard it through them and at elders' meetings a few years later.

Snakes

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

There were a number of teen/20's parties back in the 60's in the Midlands in the UK--especially on sunday evenings after the circuit assembles. The usual smoking drinking fights and fooling around. Pretty harmless on reflection--but they got banned anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit