Is it 16?

by Jrjw 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Stan livedeath no he's not in my hall but he texts constantly and we have a son together. He still tries to rule me even though we're separated and my daughter isn't his

• waton
    waton
    my mother denies that she forced me.

fastJehu: In my days, when the concrete on your autobahn was still wet, we called that voluntary compulsion = freiwilliger Zwank. FZ in the KZ.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So you were in an authoritarian abusive cult and married a man that mirrors their qualities.

What you do with your child is neither his business nor theirs. He's the ex for a reason, and someday they will be too. Why would you even care if there was such a rule or suggestion?

• Incognito
    Incognito

Jrjw,

As you have no parents, siblings or other relations who are JWs, there really is little reason to put on a pretence of continuing as a JW.

If you stopped attending immediately, even if you DA or were DF'd, you would suffer few negative consequences other than from the congregation members themselves. Since I recall you plan to relocate some distance away in the new year, any negative treatment received from the congregation, will be short lived.

As you have one child with the man you call your 'ex', whether or not you are awarded custody of the child by a judge, is not conditional on your practicing as a JW.

It appears that your ex is harassing you. Suggest changing your mobile number to stop his texts and calls. The only power he has over you, is the power you allow him to have and continue to accept.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Thank you incognito. The house I'm renting off when I move is owned by jws and I'm signed into contract for 12 months. As soon as I find a new place towards the end of next year them I'm gone from wts altogether and I look forward to the day coz it's hard putting an act on. I have no family where I'm moving so need to make non jw friends as soon as i move there coz they're all jws the ones i have there are moment. Can't wait to escape this cult. My ex won't accept that things are over between us completely, it's like he can't hear it no matter how clear I've been. He just keeps saying im disappointing Jehovah and I have no choice. He'll get a shock once I leave and he can't hold that over me anymore

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@jrjw....how old is your son ?

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

sounds like u have no kids with him? if thats the case, maybe you can get a court order that limits his contact with you. in the US its called a restraining order, not sure if you have that option there.

that may ruffle some jw feathers but its a personal choice, not the business of the cong/elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

mrRoboto..he is the father of her son

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I have a 1 year old with him which means I'll get hassle for the next 17 years especially since he's a jdub and I'm leaving the 'Lie'.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ jrjw---you mention the house youre renting from some dubs---you have a contract. theres nothing in the contract to say you must be a dub to live there---is there ? in the UK a rental contract gives you a lot of rights as a tenant. dont let them try to force you into anything.

as regards your little boy--why not let your ex collect him and take him to his meetings ? i bet that would last maybe a whole week !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit