Jehovah uses the government to discipline his people

by StephaneLaliberte 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I had a conversation with my dad concerning the legal cases the JWs are loosing and how their policies are still lacking. He answered that he has confidence that Jehovah will give his people the wisdom and discernment necessary to make the changes. I then explained that most of the improvements were made as a result of various court cases, including the Australian commission.

My Dad: Well, than, Jehovah uses the governments to discipline his people just like he did with the Jews.

SMH.

• galaxie
    galaxie

I wonder if that includes the Russian government!!!!?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SLibby - My Dad: Well, than, Jehovah uses the governments to discipline his people just like he did with the Jews.

Yes. SMH, indeed.

It's weird looking back, how we all tried to use current events and tie them into the WBT$ to validate our fragile faith.

It really doesn't look as if the WBT$ has taken any notice of the 'governments' at all. The protection of children from abusers within the corporation really hasn't moved ahead properly.

Sadly, your Dad just needs to believe in the WBT$ nonsense, so he justifies a failing corporation with mystical manipulation.

Sad, Steph, sad.

• Splash
    Splash
    My Dad: Well, than, Jehovah uses the governments to discipline his people just like he did with the Jews.

Just like he does with all the other criminals you mean?

Question: What's the difference between the government punishing JWs and the government punishing other crimes?

Answer: "Do you believe the GB are leading God's people today?"

• dozy
    dozy

Aren't the governments under Satan's control ( according to the WTBTS)? Your father sounds like my father-in-law - pretty much lobotomised after living for many years totally trusting the Society. This was the sort of brain dead response and line of reasoning that he would come out with. Eventually I just gave up trying to have any sort of conversation with him on JW grounds.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Stephane:

Your father made an unbelievably ugly statement. Ugly. Anti-Semitic at its core.

This viewpoint is rooted in Rutherford's "replacement theology" that he made into a core Jw doctrine back in the 20s during his org makeover (when he was patterning/piloting the WT re-structuring over in Germany, trying out ways to organize "Joe's Army").

This replacement theology was in direct opposition to Russell's "dual covenant" theology and was the defining difference between the "old" WT theology and the "New World" theology where the JWs took the place of the Jews, relegating the Jews to the dustbins of the OT.

This division made itself evident during the 30s and 40s, playing itself out against the backdrop of WW2 and the antisemitism of the German Reich.

http://yadlachim.org/?CategoryID=203&ArticleID=577

Rudolf Hess, commandant of Auschwitz, in his book of memoirs 'The Commandant of Auschwitz Testifies' describes the faith and behavior of several female members of 'Jehovah’s Witnesses', who worked as faithful servants of SS officers in Auschwitz:
    “The strange thing was that all of them were convinced that causing suffering to the Jews and killing them was justified, because their ancestors betrayed God.”

Charles Russell was a Zionist but Rutherford embraced a replacement theology with the JWs becoming Jehovah's "chosen people" and thus, his witnesses.

Replacement theology is anti-Semitic.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Jehovah uses the governments to discipline his people just like he did with the Jews.

That is so wrong at so many levels.

It reminds me of my father and his magic Jehovah that has a simplistic answer to everything that they don't understand. How sad.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

hmmm

The principle, as I understand it is....

There are Old Testament Bible accounts of God using other nations to discipline the Israelites, aka the Jews, for the bad things they did?

If God disciplined 'his' ancient people, the Jews, for the bad they did back then (like worshipping 'false' gods etc), then surely he could do the same with 'his' modern organization and punish them for the bad things they have done.

• Ding
    Ding

When governments take action against other religions for covering up pedophilia within their ranks, it's proof that those religions are satanic.

When governments take action against the WT for covering up pedophilia within its ranks, it's proof that Jehovah is using the government to straighten out "his organization."

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There is no event, argument or appeal to reason that will budge the opinion of a true believer. It's like asking someone to change their allegiance to a football team.

Sigh!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit