If You Can Remember When This Was Displayed in the KH - You Ain't No Spring Chicken!

by mikronboy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No I can’t remember this. How old do you think I am? I can remember old timers talking about it as something that happened a long time ago.

In my terms, if you can remember what an S8 form was, or food tickets for the convention, then you’re doing well. 😁

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    stan livedeath
    Visitors always looked at the charts to compare with their own cong.

Circuit Overseers always did that, at the 1st meeting, comparing the cong. hours with the average of our circuit.

Then one year, someone at Bethel read the Bible and understood it.

Galatians
    6:4 But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load.'

The Bible condemns “stirring up competition.”​—Galatians 5:26.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sadly I do remember that. Guess it ages me.

Interesting when looking at the "average" numbers as they are much the same today, but I suspect that they were more "REAL" back then.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I remember something similar, although I don’t recall it being published, but someone somewhere did keep track because if you didn’t make the quota, you were sure to get a talking to. And I vaguely remember the price lists when I was really young, so much for a watchtower, so much for awake, so much for a book or a Bible.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"or food tickets for the convention"

Is this no longer a thing? How is it done now? My last convention was summer 1991 or maybe even '90.

My memories are the food ticket, Shasta, frozen solid OJ and pre-packaged sandwich 1980's era. Although I have some very vague early childhood memories of when they still prepared meals cafeteria style. That would have been late 70's.

• St George of England
    St George of England

After the chart was discontinued we had a small form which was filled in each month and placed on the KH notice board. As with the chart it was the responsibility of the Assistant Congregation Servant.

I wonder if Atlantis or anyone else has a copy of his form.

George

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Omg. I remember it well.

My dad used to have to complete the figures on the board from the record cards/reports. I spent many a childhood Saturday afternoon gluing the back of the red and black squares to pass to him to stick on the big wooden board. What fun! when all my school chums were out kicking footballs and enjoying the day I was on my knees on the lino of our rented hall gluing tiny squares of paper.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Wow..

I remember as an eight y.o. in 1960 helping the bro who picked us up early in his Buick, to write a couple of months worth on the rented kindergarten hall blackboard. I would read out the numbers from his note pad that he would duly chalk up.

We couldn't use the entire board as it was needed for the written review and meeting parts.

In Melbourne Australia. And yes, I vividly recall the comparisons !!

jtg

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I remember it very well. I guess I am older than dirt.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I remember it well. Notice the targets in red. They were requirements for pioneers and special pioneers 100 and 150 hours per month respectively. There was no allowance for vacations etc so you would have to do say 10% more to enjoy a few days off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit