If You Can Remember When This Was Displayed in the KH - You Ain't No Spring Chicken!

by mikronboy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mikronboy
  • SadElder
    SadElder

Was on a fold out panel at the front of the hall so that it could be opened out and discussed.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I remember it well. We had sheets of red and black numbers and each month carefully cut out the required digits and pasted them on the chart.

That congregation was about the same size as ours, just shows how much effort was put in and how much literature placed.

Some years prior to this (1950's) we rented our KH so the chart was mounted on a pole, rolled up at the end of the meeting and taken away until the next meeting.

George

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This screams, "We're a business! Get back to work!!!!"

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Didn't scream to me at the Service meeting, but was fascinated and intrigued at the same time of all those attention getting numbers. Was 4 or 5 around 1960 and remember saying to myself, 'Wow, this is a business.'

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

I started in 1980. I never saw it any KHs I attended.

When did they finally give this shit up? Looks like a chart for a business meeting.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Wow. Talk about sales targets! This was well before my time so I've never seen one of these before.

Another example of something way outside the model set by Jesus. I really don't remember him holding a performance meeting to pull out a report scroll and reprimand the apostles on not fulfilling their monthly quota of preaching targets! 🤔

• cofty
    cofty

Yes remember that well. Thanks for posting.

We had two pioneers at one point in time - a married couple. Bit embarrassing for them when they missed their hours.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Visitors always looked at the charts to compare with their own cong.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

This practice ceased in the early 1970s, just before the elder arrangement was introduced. Afterwards, it was described as being when “The Society used to set goals for us”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit