Jehovah's witnesses sying County Governor om Oslo and Boken, Norway

by InquiryMan 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Oops title going wrong. Suing, in and Viken correct

This afternoon a press release from the Jw has been published in major news outlets in Norway concerning the withdrawal of registration etc.

• InquiryMan
  • carla
    carla

"They call the authorities' decision "discriminatory" and claim it "conveys a message that there is something seriously wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses".

• blondie
    blondie

Well, if the WTS does not fit the Norwegian government's definition of the status the WTS is seeking, they might need better lawyers. The WTS feels their definition outvotes any government other than Christ's and that they are the only true representatives of Christ on earth. We'll see if it the legal government definition wins. If it does, then the WTS will say it is persecution from Satan.

• careful
    careful

Google translation.

Jehovah's Witnesses are suing the State Administrator in Oslo and Viken

LAWSUIT: Jehovah's Witnesses are suing the state following a decision to strip them of registration as a religious community. Uses harsh words about the state administrator.

On Friday, Jehovah's Witnesses sent a lawsuit against the State Trustee in Oslo and Viken to the Oslo District Court.

The background is that before Christmas, the state administrator withdrew the Jehovah's Witnesses' registration as a religious community.

"The state administrator's decision is not based on any judgments or any evidence whatsoever of alleged violations of other people's rights," Jehovah's Witnesses write in a press release.Vårt Land was in contact with state administrator Valgerd Svarstad Haugland on Friday afternoon.

- Now this will be a case in the judiciary. Then we have to deal with it when the time comes, she says to Vårt Land.

The core of the dispute: exclusionary practices

The State Administrator's decision is linked to Jehovah's Witnesses' exclusion practice, which the State Administrator considers illegal.

Losing the status as a registered religious community means that state support and the authority to marry disappear.The decision is not yet legally binding after the Oslo district court decided on a so-called temporary injunction.

This is what the State Administrator said about the decision in December:- In our opinion, the religious community violates the members' right to free expression. We believe this violates the members' right to freedom of religion. We also believe that they violate children's rights by allowing the exclusion of baptized minors, and by encouraging members to socially isolate children who do not follow the religious community's rules.

Stop complaining to the ministry - go to court

"Due to the importance of the question, and the time aspect, we have decided not to complain to the Ministry of Children and Families, but to bring the decision on refusal of registration to the courts," Jehovah's Witnesses write in their press release.

The religious community claims that a complaint to the ministry would only be "an unnecessary postponement of the situation"."Furthermore, the ministry has already expressed its view in connection with the decision to deny us state subsidies for 2021", it continues.

Accusations of prejudice and stigmatization

Jehovah's Witnesses claim in the press release that the state administrator's decision "is based solely on a prejudiced and erroneous interpretation of a religious teaching."

They call the authorities' decision "discriminatory" and claim it "conveys a message that there is something seriously wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses".

This "affects the lives of the more than 12,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Norway", believes the religious community.The decision "stigmatizes a religious minority that was brutally persecuted under the Nazi regime, and which is still persecuted in countries such as Russia," Jehovah's Witnesses write further.

This is how state administrator Valgerd Svarstad Haugland responds to descriptions such as "discriminatory" and "prejudiced":- I have met many nice Jehovah's Witnesses. I will not use such words against them. Beyond that, I have no comment.

Valgerd Svarstad Haugland: - Can still practice his faith

There is no one who has deprived Jehovah's Witnesses of the right to be Jehovah's Witnesses and to practice their faith, stresses state administrator Valgerd Svarstad Haugland.

- But we have deprived them of financial support and registration, because we believe that their exclusion practices are on a collision course with Norwegian law, says Haugland.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thank you 😀👍

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I support the

State Administrator in Oslo and Viken

I hope they come off victorious.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I just had a thought about how the org. had letter writing campaigns to various authorities throughout the years-Rwanda and Russia came to mind- to garner change in behalf of the organization. I suppose those inclined who live outside of Norway could write to Norway with a view to the lack of human rights inside the org. Before waking up, it never occurred to me that the treatment of the disfellowshipped or disassociated was inhumane-all you ever heard (beings God forbid you think for yourself ) was these were unrepentant wrong doers or enemies of God so you just knew you didn't want to associate with them. Once you have the blinders off, you can see the twisting of the scriptures they use to support the terrible way they treat people. Shelved in the back of my mind, I always knew the scriptures they use to justify their means were taken out of context.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, just how badly do they need the government cheddar?

🤨

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

How revolting that they compare this refusal to give them government hand-outs to Nazi persecution!! Calling the sate legislator "prejudiced" sounds like she was trying not to swear about them "I've met some nice JWs so I'm trying not to use bad words here" she said😂

"They're on a collision course with Norwegian law" it states. Not just Norwegian law but the whole of Europe!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit