Please share your holiday plans

by Biahi 16 Replies latest jw friends

• zachias
    zachias

We dont have thanksgiving in Australia which is a pity I wish we did.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

I don’t really want to go off topic because it would hijack the thread which is really about people’s Holiday plans. But, to answer you, yes, I am American.

Anyway, everybody have a wonderful Holiday season!

ZACHIAS:

Yes, Thanksgiving is my favorite here in the US. It’s wonderful getting together with family and friends with great food.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I plan to do 10 hours of FS on thanksgiving and 10 hours on Christmas day. Dont want to celebrate those Pagan festivals and get killed by fire, sulphur and Brimstones from heaven

• jhine
    jhine

Well don't knock on my front door 😂.

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Still too early for me my friend, Dan could possibly lock us all down again before then

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My husband's sister has always done Thanksgiving. She loves to cook and usually makes enough to give us each a pumpkin pie to take home.

This is the first year my son's girlfriend is coming with us. Everyone has met her before, but this is the first year she is coming with us to Thanksgiving dinner.

Christmas is at our house for my husband's side of the family. We have dinner at about 3pm and then open presents. There's always a silly rule. Once the rule was that any clothing gifts had to be immediately worn. We ended up with a few overstuffed marshmallow people. After that, we play card games and it breaks up early enough so everyone can get up for work the next day.

Now, my brother and sister are also xJWs, and we've never had really strong Christmas traditions, so we just wing it. We usually meet at my sister's on or close to New Year's and we have dinner and exchange gifts. We have dinner though it's not a traditional Christmas dinner, just something good. I try my best to make sure the nieces and nephews get fun toys that they can play with together that day. On Easter I have always been the Easter bunny and made the baskets. My sister's in laws live out of state and my brother's wife's family don't speak to them much as they are active JWs. So, we're all they have. And I married into a Catholic family with many, many traditions that I have absorbed, so I try to make it fun for them.

I'm actually ready to pull the Xmas tree out of the attic now and get started on decorations. I don't have the energy to do it all on the day after Thanksgiving anymore. I'm already well along on my Christmas shopping for a change. Supply chain delays and all that. Disappointed children are not acceptable on Christmas.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sounds like you have got it made GT , all the best and have a great Xmass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit