Even the Overlapping Generations isn't an original concept

by paradisebeauty 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

1914 + 80 years (70 or 80 years if you are mighty) was why it was not an issue until 1995.

http://jwfacts.mobi/changes-to-the-generation-teaching/#1995

http://jwfacts.mobi/changes-to-the-generation-teaching/

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Proclaiming lies and deceiving people isn't a new concept either.

The WTS. has orchestrated many lies to create supposed truths.

But we do it with god's loving guidance through his holy spirit, so you have no choice to accept them or not.

Once those lies have run their course, they are then identified as " Well we're just imperfect men "

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ wallsofjericho,

Is that true? Because I never heard of the idea before the doctrine change .... did you read that info in some old magazines?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I knew David Spane's genius was underrated. Give that man a Nobel prize!
  • steve2
    steve2
    The concept of "overlapping generations" invites overlapping derision. 😜
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I recall Brock Talon mentioned something about the general meaning of a generation to his writing dept. table head at bethel in the early eighties.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    In my mind this gives the concept more credibility not less. If this way of viewing a generation is accepted outside of Watchtower then it's not so far-fetched. How often have we heard how ridiculous the overlapping generation concept is because it doesn't match the dictionary definition of "generation". Well, now, "overlapping generation" has it's own Wikipedia entry so it's validated in some way.
  • atomant
    atomant
    Question.Pardon my ignorance but everyone keeps talking about the light getting brighter.As the 7 wise men grow older and with age good eye sight diminishes.Does this mean buying stronger light globes so they can see better.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    1914 + 80 years (70 or 80 years if you are mighty) was why it was not an issue until 1995.

Funny, sometime around 1975 I said that the system might go on until 1994, if that scripture was a guide. I was told that it couldn't possibly go on that long.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was told in the 1960`s that this system could not possibly go much longer than another 5 years .,where is that brother now .GRRRR

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit