It saddens me to know that marriages break up because of religion and the blame, whose fault it is ?

by smiddy3 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This is a rather timely topic in that there was a portion of the WT study on Sunday that had this to say about the 'happy' state of affairs among JW marriages:

'...consider how true worship (Jehovah's Witnesses) promotes family happiness. True worship teaches us to honor and respect our spouse, to treat marriage vows as sacred, to avoid adultery, to raise respectful children, and to practice true love. As a result, such worship unites people in happy congregations and a happy worldwide brotherhood.' (November 2017 Watchtower page 22 par 7)

My question is...What rock did this WT writer/author just happen to crawl out from under??? The worship among JWs flunks at keeping marriages together, flunks in having happy congregations and flunks at having a happy worldwide brotherhood!

One could say that JWs are a bunch of flunkies!:):)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Some marriages are not that good to start. Separation is supposed to be the path for "spiritual endangerment". I think that elders who give an approval or turn a blind eye often want into the pants of the wife, even if they cannot find their way clear.

A marriage based only on religion is not usually that good, what is needed is a common background, common goals, and being grown up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Marriages break up for various reasons but strong controlling religious cults are a possible cause as what can be seen in the JWS religion.

JWs wont admit it but JWS have an equal amount of divorces than non-JWS.

• skin
    skin

How do Witnesses view separation?

The Bible encourages marriage mates to stay together even under less than ideal circumstances. (1 Corinthians 7:​10-​16) Many problems can be resolved by praying earnestly, applying Bible principles, and showing love.​—1 Corinthians 13:​4-8; Galatians 5:​22.

Nevertheless, in extreme situations such as the following, some Christians have decided to separate from a marriage mate:

• Willful nonsupport.​—1 Timothy 5:8.

• Extreme physical abuse.​—Psalm 11:5.

• Absolute endangerment of spiritual life. For example, a spouse might try to force a Witness to break God’s commands in some way, and the threatened mate might decide that a separation is the only way to “obey God as ruler rather than men.”​—Acts 5:​29.

• Aroq
    Aroq

in my marriage, it was me the non-jw who divorced her. Well it happened to be because of adultery. I'm not real sure that any of her cong even found out about why she got divorced. I'm sure it was all blamed on me anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit