Middle class elders and pioneering children

by Steel 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

I was looking at my hall the other day some of the upper elders who are retired now have had some pretty good jobs and lives of relative comfort. I am not exactly sure what the education levels were but they were white collar. Most likely started in a world where you didn’t need a lot of education to get a head.

Some of them have pioneering children in there 20s and 30s living in absolute poverty. Janitorial work all night to hand out rags all day.

My question is do you think these people are so diabolical they would encourage their children to live like this to kept there status in there special club or are these living like this out of there own free will? I can understand a janitor pioneer in poverty raising another success like themselves but if you had a brain in your head , you think you would what better for your children.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

Yes, you would think they’d want better for their children...It is also true that Baby Boomers who didn’t get a college education were still able to hold down a decent job.

A college education wasn’t required for a lot of things back then. These fool elders should thank their lucky stars that they were able to have a decent job and retire!

As far as them pushing poverty/pioneering for their own kids: I think they are in love with their elder positions unfortunately!

• NC1998
    NC1998

They view their "past life" as a mistake that they now can just enjoy the benefits of and use their "unrighteous riches" to the benefit of the org. But they still, IF they are genuine, view it as a mistake.

It would be like if a Nazi official started a new life and was suddenly this compassionate giving person. Then his family started to grow up and of course he could never allow them to be Nazis. They would have to make sacrifices to avoid going down that bad path.

That's how the genuine delusionist thinks. It's not logic. It's rationalization to a point beyond all logical thought in a desperate attempt to make life make sense with their special knowledge they have found. So, no, they are not all evil from what I've experienced.

• Steel
    Steel

I am working under the assumption that you can lose or have your eldership questioned if your children go to University ?

Or is that just apostate lies.....lol

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There was and is a criterium for children in university calling into question being reprehensible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2012-03-06-BOE--Higher Education

Petra!
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I would answer - do you remember when you were in the cult, got baptized, and thought that next tuesday the DOG of LOVE was going to horribly killing all the babies in the world cuz their parents dont love jehober?

People in a CULT act like they are in a cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think if these elders you mention are true "believers" (as I was) they may very figure that The End™ is SO CLOSE that their kids won't miss out on anything is this system before it "goes down". They may even be helping the kids financially since it's all so temporary. By slaving for the GB, their kids are assured of everlasting life.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Yes.

I've seen it.

• waton
    waton

many of the millionaire elders do not live in comfort because of a college degree. such as a BoScience like nurse, but because of of the businesses in cleaning they have build on the backs of R&F minions. Some of them have established companies with exclusive contracts with major institution, stadiums, banks, Malls. what with the angels supervising the cleaners' honesty? even their work pace?

college, university ,except at the Dr, level does not translate into big bucks, but a fat contract, creative accounting does.

wt wants minds focussed on low level slavery. independent, free, advanced thinking is the enemy of indoctrination, which is the sole purpose of all the meetings,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit