How well did you know your bible?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

well enough to know not to read every word

• obiwan
    obiwan

Ok I guess, I read it twice could easily find all the books at meetings. Now if you were to ask me to quote a scripture...forget it, I could give you quotes from Hot Rod magazine though. I had people tell me that if I had half the interest in the bible as I do cars I would be part of the governing body.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Isn't it interesting that being a JW we knew where the books of the bible were and could look scriptures "quickly" but as a whole, we missed the message!

Why did it take me over 6 months to grasp the concept of Grace!?

Why was the "law of love" just given lip service and not really practiced by JWs!?

<just thoughts to ponder>

j2bf

• kes152
    kes152

I never really memorized the order of the books in the Bible, there was always a voice that told me where they were. So if someone ever needed a scripture, the voice would tell me where it is then, inculcate it into my memory. Wasn't long that after reading the Bible, the Bible began speaking and prophesying against the organization. It called the organization a "disgusting thing standing in a HOLY PLACE" and it instructed me to "get out from among them, and to separate myself, and to quit touching the unclean thing." Then it told me that if I kept reading the New World Translation Reference Bible, they were going to call me an apostate.

You can all GUESS what happened (Luke 6:22; John 16:2).

Hey Razorblade... how are you?!

May you all have peace!

Aaron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Why did it take me over 6 months to grasp the concept of Grace!?

Right on, Just2!!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I'm forgetting f-a-s-t!!!!...Whew!!!!

ESTEE

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

LOL@RAZORBLADE!!!!!!!!! Loving your sense of humor!!!!

ESTEE

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

Cute Larc...real cute.

I didn't know where to find things I knew were in there...I always had to look it up.

I knew the general vacinity of what I was looking for. That got me there faster than most people at meetings.

Actually, I'm quite amazed at myself now. Once in a while somebody will bring up some biblical topic and I'll know what they're talking about, the context of the situation, and the general vicinity of where it is in the bible. For instance my math teacher's assistant has a habit of making analogies between biblical situations and mathematics...gotta love the guy...and while most people think he's on crack, I get it.

It's kind of like knowing trivia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit