I need your help to get out

by ElMartin 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ElMartin
    ElMartin

I'm using Google translate, my native language is Spanish

Hola, esta es mi primera publicación en este sitio. Tengo 22 años, me dediqué a Jehová y lo que creo que fue la organización de él a los 18 años.

AI am currently inactive in spiritual activities, which led me to wonder and question if the Watchtower has the truth. And all the information that this site, like others, has taught me that truths, when put to the test, show what they are made of.

HI talked about it with my mother, about the Watchtower and the UN, I showed her the document and she couldn't answer me. She only gave me the advice to ask at Bethel. Today I called Bethel, I explained that I had questions about the Watchtower, and was asked if I had already discussed it with a congregation elder. To which I said no and he invited me to do so, I thanked him and proceeded to send a message to my congregation elder. Without giving details, just asking to be able to speak in person about a doubt .

I'm waiting for him to answer me, so we can see each other to talk. I do the process of being able to talk about it for my mother so that she can be calm that I took the steps that she needs to see. But I am determined to submit my letter of resignation and not let myself be manipulated.

NI need help putting together an outline (list of ideas or script) so I can talk to the congregation elders. And maybe I can make them reason, or ridiculously defend the inconsistencies of the Watchtower.

I forgot to tell you that since I was born I was educated in the Bible and the teachings of the Watchtower. I have led Bible courses and served in an international assembly and construction service. I know the consequences of giving up being a Jehovah's Witness. And I accept them as long as I seek meaning in life and ease. But I would like to leave things in a way where you remember that the honesty of seeing things is more important than blind faith.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the space on this site where I can find experience that helps me compare things and understand what it really is.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Start with jwfacts.com, Australian Royal Commission, case studies 29 and 54, exJW YouTube videos. Sorry, I only speak English. Good luck, it’s not the truth.

• ElMartin
    ElMartin

thanks Biahi, I will investigate well so that I can present my opinion to my family and the elders of the congregation

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Hi El Martin,

My advice is that if you meet with an elder you keep it to only one topic....like the UN for instance. I would simply present them with the original documents and ask what they personally think about it.

Keep in mind that a half million JW's accepted the resolution that pointedly stated that members of the United Nations are idolaters and that they are no part of it:

the United Nations, with international headquarters at New York city. This international organization stands for world sovereignty by political men. For years men without faith in God’s kingdom have endeavored to get all people to worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security, in fact, the last hope for humanity. To date 111 nations have given worship to this political image by becoming members of it. However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship

Since you have already made up your mind about leaving, this is basically for your mother. So, there is no need to get into an extended conversation with them. Just say, Oh, OK, and move on. You can tell your mom that they pretty much minimized your concern.... and that will be the end of it.

Good luck on your next steps after leaving. Will be praying for your success.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I guarantee you the answer to the UN will be, "Yes, but who else is preaching the good news door to door? Who else teaches the truth about life on earth vs life in heaven?"

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5752455104036864/pimo-reverse-witnessing-samples-presentation-1-earthly-hope

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4999677662461952/pimo-reverse-witnessing-sample-presentation-2-last-days-door-door-preaching

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

https://verdadtj.com/

Es el sitio de jwfacts en castellano

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I need help putting together an outline (list of ideas or script) so I can talk to the congregation elders. And maybe I can make them reason, or ridiculously defend the inconsistencies of the Watchtower.

That is a bad idea.

The Elders will not see reason. They will get you shunned you without hesitation.

Elders will not listen to anything that is negative about their cult.

If you can just fade away, that is better.

I would like to leave things in a way where you remember that the honesty of seeing things is more important than blind faith.

I admire your honesty. However, the JWs will not. They will shun you, tell lies about you and feel that they are superior to you. They will not listen to anything that does not come from Watchtower. They will think that you speak for Satan.

BEWARE!

• Mum
    Mum

I agree with punkofnice. We don't need to convince them of anything at the risk of being shunned and treated like dirt. Talk to your mother about anything you like, of course, but she's the only one who should matter to you.

I don't know if JWfacts is translated into Spanish. If you can find a translator, maybe you could post it in Spanish.

Best wishes with your journey to freedom/libertad.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I believe the Spanish version of JWfacts can be found here

https://jwfacts-com.translate.goog/?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=en&_x_tr_tl=es&_x_tr_hl=en

Yes and be careful to avoid spilling your doubts to elders. You don't want to end up being called an apostate and rejected by family members unless it becomes absolutely necessary. Fading is the way to go.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Hola,

aqui hay un foro de habla hispana... para hacerlo mas facil

https://extj.co/foro/index.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit